Ch 24: Eternity (CONTAINS ROUGH SMUT)

The date for the battle between Dion and King Jeroen for the throne was set by the Elders, and it was only three days away. Anna filled her in on how he was doing. King Jeroen came to be known as the Mad King and Dion felt like he had already lost as he had become unfit to be a King but, she needed to prove the elders and she didn't want to keep running. All she longed for now was a place to settle down.

Anna frequently attempted to flirt with Dion, but unexpectedly stopped shortly after, much to Dion's relief. They would often spar since Naza was preoccupied looking after her child with Shanika. Ada and Rosaline were nowhere to be found and Anna had become strange.

Dion's strength had significantly increased. Her movements became precise and calculated, with a strong agility. Her strategies had undergone a positive transformation. The presence of Leila and the others provided her with a sense of tranquillity.

Naza had given Dion and Leila a room to stay for the time being. But, Leila was aware of their keen senses and understood that they could overhear her and Dion whenever they were alone. Anna and Rosaline's rooms were positioned on either side of their room, enclosing it in between.

So, the couple would often disappear into the forest, Leila travelling on Dion's back as they traversed the woods that had become chilly as winter approached.

Like many other times, Leila laid unclothed beside Dion after having an intimate moment. However, there was a slight difference this time as they had thoughtfully brought along a blanket. Leila couldn't help but giggle as she nestled against Dion's chest and positioned herself atop the woman who lovingly embraced her by the waist.

Leila examined the Hematite in her palm, running her thumb over its sleek surface while observing the crimson specks scattered across it. "It resembles your eyes," she remarked with a smile, glancing up at Dion, whose gaze had been on her the entire time.

"Yeah, " Dion chuckled and continued, "it was Denise's gift," she smiled softly. She came to the realisation of how her emotions had evolved over time.

The mention of Denise's name used to cause her heartache, but now, it brought her comfort and warmth. Denise was someone she cherished as a sister, a friend, and a companion.

Dion had grown so much, physically, mentally and emotionally. The desire for revenge had dissipated from her heart, bringing a sense of peace as she began to come to terms with the loss of her dear ones.

She came to the realisation that it was not the loss itself that held significance, but rather the cherished memories - the joyful moments, the laughter, and the love shared.

And she wished to remember them by the good memories.

"So, about my legs," Leila interrupted Dion's thoughts. "I would like to live as a human," she whispered, as she let go of the warm stone. Dion shivered upon feeling the warm stone on her skin, a feeling she hadn't experienced in quite some time, sending a chill down her spine.

Leila's decision to remain as a human would mean that she'd be mortal, a realisation that dawned on Dion as she cleared her throat and gently offered, " Well, I can get you crutches to help you walk."

Leila smiled softly at Dion's offer. Despite her inability to walk, she remained content. Although she longed for the comforting touch of soft leaves beneath her feet, the sensation of sand between her toes, and the caress of water on her feet, she had no desire to transform into a vampire.

"But," Dion hesitated, deep in thought. She couldn't bring herself to forcibly turn Leila, as she couldn't bear the idea of causing her harm. She didn't want Leila to experience the same agony she felt when the King turned her. Nevertheless, she longed for Leila to remain by her side eternally.