Ch 11: Old habit (CONTAINS SMUT)

Dion(Hel)'s P.O.V.

I walked into my new room with Rosaline by my side and sat down in front of the table, which was covered in papers. I felt frustrated and let out a sigh before standing up and placing the apron on the seat.

Wait. Apron?

I cursed under my breath as I stared at the cloth.

"I forgot to put it back," I whispered, frowning.

Rosaline let out a chuckle and grabbed the apron, "I'll put it back. You should get adjusted to your room."

"No," I found myself speaking too soon. Without hesitation, I took it from her hand and held it close to my nose, breathing in the lingering scent.

The melody she was humming was stuck in my head, repeating over and over again. Although I would recognize her if I were to see her again, I couldn't remember her face properly. It was like seeing a familiar person in your dream but not remembering what they looked like after you woke up - just the color of their hair, their voice, and the feeling of it all. And, she intrigued me.

That woman. What is she?

"I don't know. Looked like a human to me," Rosaline stated sarcastically. I didn't realize that I was thinking out loud and it was entertaining to her. She watched me with an excited look on her face which irked me.

With a firm tone, I commanded, " And you should leave," gesturing towards the door with a pointed finger.

She laughed and walked out of the room with a knowing look. "Maybe you should get someone to clean your room," Rosaline smirked at me and walked off before I could retort.

I shook my head and stepped through one of the doors within my office, revealing a bedroom. Placing the apron gently on the silky, dark violet bedsheet, I gazed at the elegant paintings adorning the walls. The room was a sight to behold, and I couldn't help but wish Denise could see it too.

(For my babes with a fish's memory span, Denise was Dion's old roommate who passed away.)

I sighed and shook that thought away.
I'm a fucking vampire, I chuckled bitterly, a murderer. I removed my coat and hung it on the rack that was kept in the corner of the room and laid down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

The bed felt soft and although it was plush and inviting, I could smell the faint traces of lingering scents left by previous occupants. I felt disgusted. Instead of the cracked walls with an incandescent bulb, it had paintings of humans and what seemed like angels, living together.

I studied it closely and among the facade of a peaceful coexistence, I noticed a woman crouching in the corner of the canvas. She looked frightened and cynical, hugging herself tightly as she watched the angels playing with the children merrily.

"A madwoman.. or not," I muttered to myself as I sat up on the edge of the bed. ''I don't like it," I muttered again, studying the unfamiliar room. I rolled up my sleeves and placed the apron on the coat rack next to my coat.

I went to the office and began removing the papers, finding them to be of no importance and complete nonsense. I stacked them up and placed them next to the main door. Then, I grabbed a cloth and began to clean the table, working hard to scrape off the stains of old blood and ink.

Narrator's P.O.V.

Some habits are hard to break. Hel busied herself by cleaning the room and arranging the objects according to her liking. She placed the thrashes in the corner of the room and stood in the middle, studying the place again with her hands on her hip.