Ch 22: The Rogue King

Naza gently cooed while cradling her newborn in her arms, as Shanika laid on the bed, visibly exhausted. Having a weaker mate as the birth giver would often result in fatal outcomes, endangering either the mother or the child. Shanika was weaker than Naza so Ada had been diligently looking after her since the beginning of her pregnancy.

"Thank you," Naza softly uttered to not disturb the sleeping child, while glancing at Ada who was sitting next to Shanika in bed, both appearing exhausted.

Ada smiled at her and nodded her head as she comforted Shanika.

Rosaline approached the baby carefully and pouted, "Look at those chubby cheeks."

Naza softly chuckled and murmured, "He's a big boy already." The baby cooed making everyone awe in adoration. And Naza was excited to see what he inherited from her and Shanika.

Soon after, Dion quietly entered the room and carefully approached Naza. The Alpha smiled at her and showed her child to Dion, who gave his chubby cheek a little poke. "Gosh, look at those cheeks," Dion chuckled softly.

"How's the human? Leila?" Shanika asked, causing Dion to shift her gaze from the newborn. "Well uh about that," Dion cleared her throat awkwardly, "Do you have any spare clothes?"

"Why? Did the branches tear her clothes off?" Rosaline snickered, earning a glare from both Ada and Dion.

"Ofcourse! Ada can help you pick a dress from the closet," Shanika smiled warmly at Dion who thanked her.

Ada assisted Dion in selecting an outfit for Leila, while Rosaline and Naza playfully entertained the newborn who was nestled in his mother's loving embrace.

"Okay, this one" Dion spoke holding up a coffee brown dress and admiring the soft fabric decorated with rosettes. Perfect. She thought, smiling while gazing at the dress that resembled her warm eye colours.

Before Rosaline could make another remark, Dion sped off towards the human who was waiting for her naked. In just a few seconds, she arrived at Leila's side, finding her leaning against the tree with her pale arms covering her breasts.

" Here, let me help you," Dion uttered, kneeling down besides the woman who was smiling at her and gently helped her put the dress on. "You look beautiful," Dion breathed out, rubbing her hands on Leila's arms causing a slight shiver that didn't escape her notice.

Leila experienced a rush of embarrassment as Dion's affectionate gaze made her cheeks turn red. She muttered a small thank you and directed her attention towards her attire, which seemed slightly oversized on her frame, highlighting the weight she had lost and her legs, she couldn't feel below her thighs anymore. She sighed and leaned her head against Dion's chest who embraced her readily.

Dion carefully lifted Leila in her arms, carrying her before settling down on the bed of leaves and leaning her back against the very same tree while holding Leila protectively in her arms, keeping her safe and close.

"I guess I'm crippled for life," Leila chuckled sadly. The recollection of her past days spent strolling through the gardens and caring for the blossoming flowers filled her heart with nostalgia.  She whole heartedly enjoyed being near them and it gave her a sense of peace and belonging.

Dion affectionately looked at the woman in her arms who was breathing softly. Despite Leila's weight loss and inability to walk, the love Dion felt for her continued to flourish. With each passing moment, Dion sensed a change within her chest. It was as though Leila had given her lifeless heart a pair of wings, making her feel lighter as the burden lifted away.

She leaned down and gently pressed her lips against Leila's right cheek, above the scar. "We can ask Ada for help if you'd like."

Leila gazed up at the woman who was responsible for her uncontrollable heart. "Thank you, Dion," she said, her smile radiating warmth, as she leaned in to gently kiss her lips.

The two lovers spent the whole night beneath the gentle moonlight, peacefully drifting off to sleep in each other's loving embrace.

(In the palace)

The guards stared at their King, their faces full of shock as they watched him drain the life out of the captives ruthlessly. The King had been relentlessly feeding off the humans more than necessary to gain his strength.

The Elders have already begun to decide the day for the duel and the King was getting increasingly agitated and paranoid.

"More!" He growled, baring his fangs at the guards who stood nearby.

The guards didn't hesitate to forcefully bring the humans who were desperately trying to escape the chamber, begging the predators to spare their lives.

"How dare she challenge me?" He spat as he grabbed the neck of one of the humans, choking him and breaking his neck shortly after.

He threw the lifeless body against the wall, shattering the antique glasses on the tables and launched towards one of the humans, who were trying to run away from him.

The King's mental state was deteriorating rapidly, rendering him incapable to rule his kingdom and lead his followers.

He was transforming into a rogue vampire.

A/n Tysm for the 100 votes🧎