Ch 3: The King's cousin (CONTAINS ROUGH SMUT)

Dion's P.O.V.

I entered the room and one of the guards opened the door for me. I acknowledged her with a nod, and in return, she offered me a warm smile.

This particular guard, named Rosaline, was known for her pleasant demeanor. Her dirty blonde hair was neatly combed back, a clear indication of her meticulous grooming habits.

As I stepped further inside, an unpleasant odor overwhelmed my senses, causing me to grimace. "I can never get used to this smell," I expressed my distaste.

I heard Rosaline giggle behind me. "Wishing you the best of luck, young one," she playfully remarked.

"I'm actually 19," I responded with a frown, placing the bucket down on the only clean spot available. I folded my sleeves and reached for a cloth to submerge it in the bucket, allowing it to soak.

"Nevertheless, you're still a child in my eyes," she smirked, teasingly. I rolled my eyes and positioned myself on the floor, determined to remove the stubborn stains from the dark surface.

Throughout the day, Rosaline persistently taunted me while I chose to disregard her for the most part. After completing my task of cleaning the floor, I suddenly heard a commotion outside. Unfazed, Rosaline continued to hum, seemingly aware of the situation.

I approached the window and witnessed a lady exiting a carriage. Yes, a carriage. Evidently, the nobility had a fondness for antiquated aesthetics, which was not surprising considering that most of them were ancient.

The woman with pink hair shot an irritated glance at Jemiah as he greeted her. He was shamelessly checking her out, and so was I. Her long crimson gown had an intricate golden design that resembled petals, barely concealing her full, pale breasts. They swayed gently as she entered, but then she abruptly halted.

I furrowed my brows, puzzled, and my gaze fixed on her. She suddenly glanced upwards in my direction, and soon after, she spotted me. Curse these vampires and their heightened senses.

I could now clearly see her face. Positioned on the third floor, I observed her intense bloody eyes fixed on me, accompanied by a smirk on her full, red lips. She exuded authority, ensuring that I sensed it. I cleared my throat and stepped back from the window. "What in the world was that?" I muttered anxiously.

"That's His Majesty's cousin," Rosaline remarked, shaking her head. "And now, you've just landed yourself in trouble."

"What does that even mea-" I was cut off as the door swung open, revealing the pink-haired woman scrutinizing me. I straightened my posture, preparing for whatever was about to happen.

She slowly walked towards me, taking her hazel silk gloves off and handed them to Rosaline who took them politely. She then circled me, eyeing me up and down while I stood tall. I knew she could hear my heartbeat and it was embarrassing. Even though I was acting as if it didn't bother me, my own heart betrayed me.

"What's your name, human?" she asked in a deep voice that was feminine at the same time and stood in front of me.

"Dion," I answered, looking elsewhere.

She held my chin, bringing my gaze down to meet hers, and commanded, " Look at me."

I locked eyes with her. Now that I could see her up close, I noticed the mole on the right side of her nose. Her deep red eyes had hints of green, a distinctive feature. Her complexion was flawless and velvety, a characteristic of royalty. She smirked and sensually ran her tongue over her lips, "Dion, you say?"