Ch 21: Incipience

After a lengthy evening, Rosaline and Ada were getting dressed. Suddenly, Rosaline sensed something in the air, causing her to halt her movement.

"Ada, Shanika needs you,"  Rosaline announced, stealing a brief look at the woman adjusting her attire.

"Is she- ?" Ada inquired, shifting her gaze towards Rosaline who responded with a discerning nod. Without wasting a moment, Ada swiftly seized her dress and hurried towards the pack house where Shanika and Naza were.

From a distance, Rosaline could hear the anguish in Shanika's voice and the frantic pleas of Naza, desperately calling out for Ada.

Shanika's water had broke and she was lying on her bed, in pain. Naza was anxiously pacing around the room, not being able to bear seeing her mate in pain.

"Stay with me, Love," she knelt beside the bed, tightly grasping her mate's hand. "Where on earth is Ada?" she growled with frustration.

Ada sprinted desperately towards the pack house, while Rosaline swiftly closed the distance with her enhanced speed. The vampire firmly grasped the witch's arm, abruptly halting her in her tracks and uttered, "Let me carry you. It'll be much faster."

Ada had no time for arguments, she nodded her head and let herself be carried by Rosaline in bridal style.

"Do not dare to smirk at me," she warned but, it was futile as the golden-eyed woman was already smirking at her.

Before she had the chance to express her annoyance, the vampire swiftly departed catching her off guard, racing towards the location where Naza and Shanika were, by securely holding Ada in her embrace.

Naza felt a sense of relief as Rosaline entered the room after a few seconds, carrying a very sick looking Ada in her arms. Rosaline carefully placed Ada on the ground, allowing her to recover from the sudden rush and the resulting nausea.

"Sorry, darling," Rosaline spoke apologetically, as she gently rubbed Ada's back. The witch raised her hand and gave her a stern look.

"I'll deal with you later," she warned, clutching her stomach while glaring at the vampire who quickly removed her cold hand.

Upon seeing the stern look on her face and her demeanor, Rosaline couldn't help but feel a surge of arousal, causing her to curse under her breath.

Shanika let out a painful whimper, which immediately prompted Ada to rush to her side. "It's okay, Shanika. I'm here," Ada spoke soothingly as she rubbed her burning forehead gently.

"Give us some space," Ada continued, looking at Naza, who let out a low growl.

"It's okay, Love. I'll be okay" Shanika softly smiled, shifting her gaze towards Naza as tears cascaded down her face onto the pillow.

Naza was acutely aware of Shanika's suffering, causing her to feel utterly helpless. Although she couldn't ease Shanika's pain, she trusted Ada and knew that Ada was going to help Shanika. Reluctantly, she let go of Shanika's hand and took a step back, her hazel eyes brimming with tears.

Naza was visibly nervous, Rosaline could sense it very easily, and so did the rest of the pack and vampires that were scattered around the forest. Rosaline stood by her side, providing support as Ada helped Shanika deliver the baby.

Leila's left arm was resting on Dion, who was laying flat on the foliage, breathing calmly. Dion's left arm was embracing Leila, acting as a cushion for the redhead. They peacefully laid together, smiling contently as their sweaty bodies shimmered under the moonlight.

Leila sensed Dion inhaling deeply as she laid against the vampire's cold chest, which oddly felt comforting to her. "What is it, Dion?" she murmured, gazing up at her.

Dion smiled as she looked at the woman next to her, whose leg was placed around her thighs, and softly said, "I sense a new heartbeat, Naza's child."

Upon hearing the good news, Leila smiled softly, "That's wonderful." Dion hummed in content and pressed her head against her's, closing her eyes and breathing in Leila's fragrance.

Leila softly pressed her warm lips on Dion's chest, planting kisses on her breasts and collarbone. "I love you," she uttered, moving her lips to Dion's neck.

Dion's right hand cradled Leila's head as she gave her a soft and gentle kiss. Months of frustrations that had built up were gone, and now they were together next to each other, their bodies touching and the human's heart beating steadily. And in that moment, nothing else mattered to Dion.