Ch 8: The King's Sword

It has been weeks since they woke up. Dion along with the seven newborns, showed remarkable progress in terms of their strengths and speed, indicating a significant growth and improvement in their capabilities. She transformed into a ruthless predator, mercilessly defeating her opponents and draining the life of over 7 human captives.

Over the course of time, she gradually acquired more physical and mental prowess, but unfortunately, this came at a significant cost - the gradual erosion of her humanity.

As she became more powerful, her empathy and compassion for others seemed to diminish, replaced by an unyielding determination to achieve her goals at any cost. This transformation was not immediate nor sudden but rather insidious and incremental, with each small victory over adversity further reinforcing her hardened resolve. Although she could now accomplish incredible feats that were once beyond her reach, it was impossible to ignore the toll that this newfound strength had taken on her soul.

Rosaline was by her side, gazing intently upon her. It had become clear to her that Dion's strength was surpassing hers. The realization hit her hard - soon enough, Dion would be taking over her place.

To her own astonishment, she found herself not objecting to this thought. The idea of Dion taking the lead seemed almost welcoming to her. Finally, she discovered her calling: to serve as Dion's trusted confidante, faithfully trailing behind and safeguarding her every step of the way.

The King was keenly aware of Dion's swift ascent, with rumors abound of a formidable newcomer vying for a place at the top. This caused Jemiah to become increasingly anxious, prompting him to request additional guards.

The King had ample justification for eliminating his own brother without any direct involvement; Rosaline provided him with a detailed account of what had happened. Although he couldn't recall Denise's face, he vividly remembered Jemiah's reprehensible conduct towards a human the very same evening.

At last, he thought. He needed a plan to get Dion to eliminate Jemiah. Even though he was his brother, he was the son of his second mother, and he was next in line. Knowing Jemiah's history, he knew he'd be planning something against him. And so, the King appointed Dion to be his right hand. She was more than suitable to lead his army and Rosaline didn't raise any objection to his decision. She rather seemed content.

At the age of 20, Dion became the King's trusted warrior, the King's sword, and Jemiah was furious. He had been avoiding the King and Dion and even though he wasn't happy about seeing her, he couldn't help but wonder why she had yet to confront him.

It has been days since her appointment and Jemiah was contemplating. As he stood in his room, fear gripped him tightly. He could sense something new had born in the palace and the air around him seemed to thicken as though an ominous force was gathering strength. His heart raced and one thing was certain: he would need to stay alert and vigilant in order to protect himself.

Rosaline was watching Jemiah's every step and she could smell the fear radiating off of him. She smirked and searched for Dion. The newborn stood next to a window, her crimson eyes staring at a distant forest. Her heartbeat had long gone, and all Rosaline could hear was the cold wind. Dion's scent had become distinct and strong, she smelled of death and Rosaline found herself bowing in her presence.

"I know who the rest of them are," Rosaline spoke, lowering her gaze.

"Where are they?" Dion asked in a low, nonchalant voice. As she stood there, gazing intently into the depths of the dark and misty forest, it was clear that there was something mysterious and alluring about this place. The way the trees seemed to loom tall and imposing, almost like they were shielding some hidden secret from the outside world, only added to the sense of intrigue and wonder that filled her empty heart.

Rosaline was ready to guide Dion to where they were hiding. Dion took a deep breath in and followed the blonde woman.

........

Words soon reached the King. His right hand had murdered three of his associates and Rosaline, his former trusted warrior, was accompanying her in the cold-blooded torture of the vampires. He was furious but, he couldn't take any action against the both of them, it was already too late. He was facing backlashes from the rest of his associates and so, he did the one thing that came into his mind; to frame his own brother.

And, Rosaline helped the King to do so. Words soon spread that the deceased associates were caught hatching a scheme against the King and Jemiah, the King's brother, had been leading them. In order to prove his unforgiveness for traitors and to send out a clear warning, Jemiah had been thrown into the dungeon for execution.

And the executioner? You guess it.

Dion walked towards the dungeon with Rosaline following suite. As soon as she stepped her foot inside, her presence sent chills down the blindfolded ex-royal's spine.

Death was making its way towards Jemiah. Dion stood in front of the man bound in chains with his knees on the ground, pressing against the shattered glasses that had been kept under him. Both his hands were tight with chains that had been fixed in the two upper corners of the room. He was beaten naked by Rosaline for the past few hours, and it showed on his face and body. He wasn't fed any blood so, he wasn't healing properly.

"You won't die yet," Dion grinned devilishly, taking her black fur coat off and Rosaline held it for her.

" I'm sorry for what I did," he begged with tears running down his pale face. He had given up. He knew his brother won't save him anymore.

It made Dion laughed hysterically and she shook her head.

She leaned down in front of him, pressing her hands down on his knees, making the glasses pierce deep into his skin and he led out a cry.

"Oh, don't be a little bitch," she hushed.

"I'll keep killing you over and over again until you stop healing.
I will be the last person you see before you die and after you die.
I will follow you to the ends of the world and be your fucking nightmare."