Ch 28: Siren

The palace had transformed into a beautiful place, the royal garden lustrous with different species of flowers adorning it and the water fountain had been built up into a bigger one. The walls had been fixed and in just three years, the Kingdom had drastically changed.

Some humans have even started to trade their blood for financial gains. Some worked in the palace alongside other creatures in order to earn money, and they were generously compensated.

The number of settlements was still increasing. Dion and Naza, along with Rosaline, persistently journeyed across great distances to save mistreated creatures, offering them refuge in their Kingdom. Many territories previously controlled by rogues have been seized by them, bringing them under their fold and employing them to track down individuals. Dion opted not to end their lives, but rather harness their abilities for the betterment of the Kingdom.

Despite Dion's desire to have Naza by her side in the palace, she honored the alpha's choice to remain in the forest with her fast-growing pack.

Dion has been sending letters to the Queen of Mermaids in the distant sea for several months. Initially, her letters went unanswered, but eventually, she received a response directly from the Queen, Azureth Mur.

Both queens have forged a bond, eagerly anticipating a fresh start of collaborative endeavors. However, Naza was cautious. She knew the mermaids weren't easy to deal with but even so, she stood by Dion, one of her best friends, besides Rosaline.

Dion's strength has experienced a remarkable growth, which filled both Rosaline and Naza with pride. She transformed into the epitome of a leader, exuding confidence and dignity in her newly acquired Kingdom.

The mermaids, being matriarchal, had a unique custom where the queen had multiple partners, and Dion was well-informed about their traditions. Queen Azureth would regularly correspond with Dion, enlightening her about their culture, and Dion, along with the others, swiftly absorbed this knowledge.

Dion had imparted knowledge about her Kingdom, including its hierarchy and the rules and regulations that were applicable to all beings, with the exception of the mermaids.

After exchanging letters for several months, both Queens have agreed to set a date to meet in person to discuss important matters concerning both the Kingdoms.

Naza had agreed to accompany Dion and Rosaline on their expedition to the Kingdom of the Sirens. They would be leaving their Kingdom for three weeks and Dion was insistent on bringing Leila with them. Nevertheless, Naza's spouse and Anna were to remain behind due to their pregnancies. And, Jacklyn was assigned to stay with them, along with Ada, to look after them.

Shanika had been carrying a child for four months, whereas Anna had already been pregnant for eight months. Anna, being inexperienced with her first pregnancy, was overwhelmed by her fluctuating hormones. Shanika would regularly visit her and provide comfort, especially when Jacklyn was kicked out of their room.

The Queen's counselors were not enthusiastic about the leaders departing the Kingdom simultaneously, but it was crucial for the rulers to convene with Azureth, who ruled over the sea. They needed to forge a mutual bond, based on trust and respect. And to show them their seriousness, the trio had decided to be present together.

Queen Azureth was commemorating her century-long reign over her Kingdom, and she had extended an invitation to the Queen of the Vampires and the Alpha of over ten werewolf packs, which included over 500 werewolves.

The trio along with the Queen's beloved and a plenty of soldiers, embarked on a journey to the Sea. During the journey, Leila had established several friendships. Over the years, Dion noticed Leila's openness towards conversing with strangers, who seemed to trust her easily. Her warm and inviting nature contrasted with Dion's own demeanor.