Ch 15: Ready or Not (CONTAINS SMUT)

Rosaline continued her relentless pursuit of Ada, persistently flirting with her and occasionally showering her with compliments, despite Ada's indifferent attitude. Shanika's bump was already starting to show and Naza was busy taking care of her mate and the pack; which had gradually become stronger. Rosaline would often visit the forest, and it didn't take long for the King to take notice of her frequent absence.

Despite Hel speaking on her behalf and stating that Rosaline was going in place of her to inspect the werewolf under them, King Jeroen's suspicion was beginning to escalate. Naza had not shown herself in front of the King, despite having sworn her loyalty to the Kingdom.
(A/N bitch please, she only submitted to Hel. Not you. )

Hel and Rosaline had previously agreed that it was best for the King to remain unaware of Naza's expecting child. They knew he'd take advantage of her mate's pregnancy to eradicate them completely. And they were never going to let that happen.

In the midst of the forest, the autumn leaves covered the ground as a reminder that summer had come to an end. Hel, accompanied by Naza and Rosaline, sat together. Hel congratulated Naza on her wife's pregnancy, looking over at Shanika, who was gently caressing her growing baby bump while Ada skillfully braided her dark hair.

Naza thanked the brunette and fondly smiled at her wife. "You know, for a royal vampire, you're not so bad," she admitted, shifting her gaze to Hel.

"I was not born royal. I was changed," Hel spoke as she redirected her gaze to Naza with a frown.

Naza expressed her surprise, "Oh? I assumed you were born, you know, those eyes," she stated.

"She was changed by the King himself," Rosaline added.

"Well, that does seem logical," Naza spoke.

"What are you trying to say?" Hel asked.

Rosaline was preoccupied observing Ada, admiring the way her curly hair cascaded down her shoulders as she skillfully braided Shanika's hair. "Gosh, she's a beauty," she whispered, but Hel and Naza paid no attention.

"It explains why you're not a stuck up bitch," Naza explained jokingly, shedding light on the reason behind Hel's humble demeanor which caused Hel to release a soft chuckle. It was true. Royal vampires were known for their arrogance and distaste for those they deemed to be inferior.

"And, it's Dion," Hel uttered, averting her gaze from Naza. "My name," she continued, fixating her eyes on the shimmering surface of the pond illuminated by the sun's rays.

Naza smiled gently and echoed, "Dion."

The trio had planned out their response in case King Jeroen launched an attack. Hel and Rosaline had decided to take shelter in Naza's dwelling, if necessary, after Shanika's child birth. Despite Hel's greater strength compared to King Jeroen, she was uncertain whether her legion would support her over their own King. Although a few were loyal to her, the majority remained loyal to the King. So, Hel needed to find a way to directly challenge the King to a duel.

As they enjoyed the evening in a peaceful silence, Hel couldn't help but wonder what Leila was doing at that specific moment. Inhaling the autumn air, she closed her eyes. And despite the physical distance between them, Hel could almost sense Leila's captivating fragrance as if she were right beside her. The melody that Leila often hummed had been etched in Hel's memory, prompting her to softly hum along in her mind.

Ada was done with Shanika's hair and the woman thanked her with a big smile on her face. Ada reciprocated the smile and felt a sense of satisfaction as she relaxed her hands on her lap. She stood up and stretched her arms, taking in her surroundings. In that moment, her gaze locked with a pair of warm, golden eyes, which were fixed on her with a gentle smile. If Rosaline had a living heart, it would surely be racing by now.