Chapter 35: A Day With A Princess

As the first rays of dawn filtered through the narrow streets of the Holy City of Lindwurm, Kirito strolled in solitude, his figure shrouded in a black hoodie. His steps were quiet against the cobblestone pavement, his gaze curious as he took in the ancient architecture and the serene atmosphere of the city awakening. Shadows danced around him, mingling with the gentle morning light, as he wandered through the labyrinthine alleys.

"The ambience here is vastly different from Midgar's capital," Kirito remarked, his voice barely above a whisper as he observed the cityscape.

As he continued, a voice interrupted his thoughts. "This city is also known as The Sacred Land," a girl said, her tone carrying a hint of reverence. "Its history runs deep, intertwining with legends and lore."

Turning to the source of the voice, Kirito met the gaze of Alexia, who had been waiting for him

Alexia looked at him with a hint of annoyance, her eyebrows furrowing slightly. "You're late," she stated firmly, her tone carrying a hint of reprimand.

Kirito blinked in surprise. "But it was just one minute," he protested, trying to defend himself.

With a stern glare, Alexia retorted, "Still late! And let me remind you, I'm not your average princess who twiddles her thumbs waiting patiently for someone!"

Kirito scratched his head sheepishly, realizing he had underestimated Alexia's punctuality standards. "Note to self: never keep Princess Alexia waiting, even for a nanosecond," he muttered to himself, earning a raised eyebrow from the princess.

Later on...
As Kirito and Alexia walked through the streets of Lindwurm, the princess took the lead, her steps purposeful and confident. She pointed out landmarks and historical sites, her voice filled with passion as she recounted tales of ancient battles and legendary heroes.

After purchasing a couple of crepes, they continued their walk, nibbling on the sweet treats.

"Wow, these crepes are so delicious," Alexia exclaimed between bites, a satisfied smile gracing her lips.

Kirito, with a mischievous glint in his eyes, looked at Alexia and pointed at his mouth with one finger. "Alexia," he said, a playful smirk forming on his face.

Alexia glanced at him, momentarily puzzled before her cheeks flushed crimson. "H-How indecent of you to wish to kiss me like that!" she exclaimed, flustered.

Kirito's eyes widened in embarrassment, realizing his unintended implication. "N-No, that's not what I meant!" he stammered, cheeks turning red as he backpedalled. "I was just trying to tell you that you got some on your lips!"

Alexia's embarrassment turned into a mixture of relief and annoyance as she wiped her mouth hastily, still blushing furiously. "W-Well, next time, be more clear!" she huffed, trying to regain her composure.