Chapter 4: Kirito's Intervention

The scarred man's face contorted into a twisted smirk despite the pain and fear that gripped him. He hissed through bloodied lips, "You think you've won? You and your little friends may have taken us down, but you've only hastened your own doom. The Cult of Diablos runs deeper than you can imagine, and even in death, I serve a purpose."

Epsilon, her curiosity piqued, bent down to examine the scattered red pills that had fallen to the floor. Her gloved hands cautiously picked up one of the capsules, her brow furrowing as she observed it closely.

"These are no ordinary pills," she murmured to herself, her analytical mind kicking into gear. The scarred man had been desperate to consume them, and their nature was clearly significant.

Epsilon's keen intuition and understanding of magic led her to a conclusion. She raised the pill, now held between her gloved fingertips, and said, "It appears these are some form of enchanted drug. They seem to stimulate the source of magic and strength within a person's body."

Kirito fixed a piercing gaze on the scarred man and remarked, "So, this was your escape plan, these enchanted pills?"

The scarred man's defiant grin faltered as he struggled to respond. Before he could utter a word, Epsilon stepped forward, her voice laced with a cold edge. She pointed at Delta, who sat amidst the bloody scene, her predatory gaze never leaving the scarred man.

Epsilon warned, "You see, we have other means to extract information. If you don't cooperate and tell us what we need to know, my feline friend here," she gestured towards Delta, "is quite fond of playing with her food."

The scarred man's eyes widened in fear as he realized the gravity of the situation. With a nervous gulp, he finally stammered, "Okay, okay, I'll talk. Just keep that beast away from me."

The scarred man, his voice trembling, revealed, "The pills... they seem to be mass-produced by some kind of shady company, but I don't know where they come from. The Cult never does anything directly. They have their own ways of setting their plans in motion. I was just a pawn in their game, a disposable piece of the puzzle."

Epsilon and Kirito exchanged knowing glances. It was a valuable piece of information, but there were still many unanswered questions. Epsilon pressed further, "Tell us more about this company. Do you have any leads on their location or their identity?"

The scarred man hesitated, fear still visible in his eyes. He finally continued, "I don't have much information on the company. They keep their operations well hidden, even from their own recruits. I was just given these pills and told to use them when the time came."

Kirito tightened his grip on the man's collar, emphasizing the seriousness of the situation. "And what about the Cult of Diablos? How can we find them?"

The scarred man swallowed hard before responding, "The Cult... they operate in the shadows, but they have a few key members who oversee everything. You won't find them easily. You'll need to follow the symbols, the hidden messages, and the whispers in the dark. But beware, they always have a contingency plan in place."

Kirito, his eyes never leaving the scarred man, could sense that there was more to the story. He spoke with a stern tone, "I can tell you're holding back, and this is your last chance to be honest."

The scarred man struggled under Kirito's intense gaze. He stammered, "I swear, I don't know much else! All I heard were whispers among some of the members. They mentioned something about these pills being used to control slaves and tribes in remote places, but I don't know the details, I promise!"

Kirito released his grip on the scarred man's collar and nodded, his expression serious. "Fair enough," he said, acknowledging the limited information they had obtained.