Chapter 23: The Powerful Convergence

Shadow, clad in his dark suit, moved stealthily through the night, each step deliberate and silent.

Approaching the Dark Swordsman, he intoned,

"Those who threaten the shadows are destined to be hunted by them

"Those who threaten the shadows are destined to be hunted by them."

The Dark Swordsman's gaze sharpened, his voice colder than the night air.

"Then know this, Shadow: even darkness fears the blade

"Then know this, Shadow: even darkness fears the blade."

Shadow's eyes narrowed, a glint of determination flashing within them. Without uttering a word, he extended his hand forward. From the void, a sword materialized, its form fluid and dark like coalesced slime, crafted from a substance that seemed to be a blend of darkness and malevolence.

"Words were never the intent tonight," Shadow declared, his voice chillingly resolute.

The Dark Swordsman tightened his grip on his Elucidator, the blade gleaming ominously. "Took you long enough to realize," he responded, adopting a defensive stance.

Their mutual understanding led to mirrored smirks. In an instant, both figures vanished from sight.

Suddenly, an overwhelming surge of magical energy erupted, obliterating the surrounding structures in a cataclysmic display of power.

Epsilon's eyes widened in shock as the deafening explosion echoed through the night. "Lord Shadow has finally chosen to put the Dark Swordsman in his place," she exclaimed, a mix of surprise and anticipation in her voice.

Not far away, Iris heard the explosive disturbance and looked around in bewilderment. "What's going on now?" she questioned, her eyes scanning the chaos unfolding.

Alpha appeared beside her, a calm demeanour contrasting with the turmoil nearby. "Iris Midgar, retreat your knights. All we can do now is watch what was bound to happen," she advised, her voice carrying the weight of inevitability.