Chapter 40: Kirito, Aurora and Cid's Odyssey

As the grand arena trembled beneath their feet, Shadow's movements were a dance of shadows, weaving between Aurora's crimson spears with grace and precision.

As Shadow darted and weaved between Aurora's crimson spears, their movements were a dance of grace and danger. Each step was calculated, each evasion a testament to Shadow's skill. Aurora's control over the spears made out of blood was precise, but Shadow's agility and reflexes were unmatched. With each dodge, Shadow closed the distance, moving ever closer to Aurora, ready to strike.

Kirito watched the intense battle unfolding in the grand arena, his eyes focused on Shadow's agile movements. Within his mind, he turned to Kurumi, asking, "Is that woman a teleported one?"

Kurumi's voice echoed in his thoughts, reassuring him, "No, Kirito. She's a resident of this world. There's no need to worry." Then, with a hint of intrigue, she added, "But I must say, she's quite the interesting one."

Beta's voice echoed through the tension-filled air as he spoke in a serious tone, "The Witch of Calamity, Aurora..."

Kirito and the others turned their attention towards Beta, anticipation evident in their expressions.

The Archbishop Nelson, visibly shocked, interjected, "Don't tell me you know Aurora."

Kirito, intrigued by the mention, asked, "Who is she?"

Archbishop Nelson, his voice tinged with disbelief, declared, "The Witch of Calamity, Aurora... She's the woman who once plunged the entire world into chaos and destruction."

Alexia, her expression puzzled, turned to Nelson and inquired, "Then why have we never heard of that name before?"

Kirito, his gaze shifting towards Beta, acknowledged her knowledge but understood her role in this situation.

"Natsume-sensei, do you have any insight into this?" Rose inquired.

Beta, maintaining her composure as Natsume, responded, "I only know of Aurora's name. The rest remains a mystery to me."

Beta, with a fawning tone, leaned towards Archbishop Nelson and inquired, "Could you enlighten us further about Aurora? Her tale seems to be shrouded in mystery."

Archbishop Nelson, his eyes gleaming with excitement, responded with gusto, "Ah, Aurora, the Witch of Calamity. It's surprising that even you, Natsume, know of her name. Information about her is scarce, even within the confines of the Church."

As they spoke, their attention drifted back to the intense battle between Aurora and Shadow.

Nelson's gaze fixed on the combatants, he remarked, "Shadow is unfortunate to have summoned her of all people."

Rose, curious about Aurora's strength, asked, "Is she really that formidable?"

Nelson's expression turned grave as he declared, "That monster is the strongest woman in history. She could wipe the floor with Shadow with just one hand."