Chapter 3: Clash of Blades and Revelation

Kirito sprinted through the dimly lit alley, his footsteps echoing against the cold, damp pavement. He had been following the mysterious men in capes for several blocks. As he turned a corner, he found himself standing in front of an old, decrepit building.

Without hesitation, he pushed open the creaky door and slipped inside. The interior was shrouded in darkness, save for the faint glow of candles illuminating a room filled with hooded figures. They turned to face him, their eyes gleaming with an eerie intensity. Kirito had unwittingly walked into their den, and the air was thick with tension and intrigue.

Kirito muttered to himself, "I rushed here without a plan. I was reckless." He gulped, realizing the gravity of his impulsive actions as he stood amid the hooded figures.

As the hooded figures observed Kirito's entrance, a deep, laugh suddenly echoed through the room. It was a deep and resonant voice that cut through the tension like a knife. One of the figures stepped forward, a tall and imposing presence compared to the others. He pulled back his hood to reveal a rugged face with a scar running across one eye.

With a warm grin, he said, "Seems like this little boy stumbled into our sanctuary without a map, friends. He looks lost, doesn't he?"

Kirito's eyes darted around the room, taking in the smirking expressions and condescending gazes from the hooded figures.

He knew he had to stay on guard, no matter the circumstances. As the imposing figure continued, "Perhaps it's time we teach this brat a lesson he won't forget,"

Kirito scanned the room, feeling the weight of the situation pressing down on him. The hooded figures' condescending glances made it clear that they were not the friendliest bunch. He clenched his fist and whispered, "System, generate my sword!" But much to his chagrin, nothing happened.

He raised an eyebrow, a bead of sweat forming on his forehead as he tried again, "System, summon my sword!" He furrowed his brow and shook his wrist for added dramatic effect, but his virtual sword remained stubbornly absent.

As Kirito struggled with his failed attempts to summon his virtual sword, two of the hooded figures exchanged puzzled glances.

The first man, scratching his head, leaned in and whispered to his companion, "What the heck is he saying? Is this some kind of weird spell or incantation?"

The second man stifled a chuckle, shaking his head, and replied, "I have no idea, but it sounds more like he's trying to order some kind of weird food!"

Their conversation was abruptly cut short when a third hooded figure, armed with short daggers, decided to take action. With a mischievous grin, he rushed toward Kirito intending to catch him off guard.

With a quick and practised motion, Kirito sidestepped the approaching hooded figure, causing the would-be attacker to stumble past him. Seizing the opportunity, Kirito grabbed the attacker's arm and deftly twisted it, forcing him to drop the daggers.

Kirito, still struggling amid the skirmish, muttered to himself, "I keep forgetting, this isn't a virtual game. I need to remember to carry a real sword until I learn the magic of hidden inventories or something like that."

He knew that adapting to this unfamiliar world would require a significant adjustment from the gaming environment he was used to.

As Kirito wrestled with the hooded figure, he quickly realized that in this unfamiliar world, revealing his full powers was a risk he couldn't afford to take. He knew he had to be careful and not expose the extent of his abilities.

Finally subduing the attacker, he decided not to use any of his magic. With a composed expression, Kirito looked around the dimly lit room, hoping to spot his favourite weapon - a sword. He was prepared to fight with the skills he had honed in the virtual world.