Chapter 31: The Academy's Incident

The students of Midgar Spellsword Academy trembled in fear, their faces pale as the mysterious figures from Shadow Garden held them hostage in the auditorium. Murmurs of panic echoed through the room.

Amid the chaos, a student nervously approached Rose, desperation in their eyes. "President, what should we do? We can't just sit here!"

Rose, beads of sweat forming on her forehead, locked eyes with the imposing figure in menacing dark plate armour who seemed to be orchestrating the chaos. She whispered, "Stay calm. We need a plan, but don't provoke them. Let's assess the situation and look for an opportunity to act."

A hooded figure cautiously approached the man in armour, whispering, "Sir Gaunt, someone unknown is breaking through our troops and wreaking havoc

A hooded figure cautiously approached the man in armour, whispering, "Sir Gaunt, someone unknown is breaking through our troops and wreaking havoc."

Sir Gaunt's stern expression twisted into anger. "Fools!" he bellowed, his voice echoing through the auditorium. "There is none other in this academy than dumb students. If you can't handle them, you better cut off your own heads!"

The hooded figure gulped nervously, nodding before quickly retreating from Sir Gaunt's presence. Alone, Sir Gaunt muttered to himself, "I have anticipated everything. My plan is flawless."

Somewhere else...
In the dimly lit corridors, Sherry and Cid tiptoed through the academy, avoiding the gaze of the nefarious figures. Sherry whispered, "I'm glad you're here, Cid. Kirito spoke highly of you. We need all the help we can get."

Cid, scanning the poorly dressed adversaries, shook his head disapprovingly. "Honestly, these villains have zero sense of style. I'd give them a fashion rating lower than a dungeon's loot drop."

Cid turned to Sherry with a quizzical expression. "Did you say something, or was it just the wind playing tricks on my ears?"

Sherry, a bit confused, shook her head. "Nope, nothing at all. Must be the stress messing with our senses."

She glanced at the artefact in her hand, eyes widening. "Cid, we need to hurry. This artefact has the power to banish these invaders!"

Cid, still critiquing the villains' fashion choices, raised an eyebrow. "Banishing is good, but have you considered accessorizing while doing it? A little flair goes a long way."

Sherry sighed, "Cid, focus! We can discuss fashion after saving the academy."

Cid nodded, then hesitated, "Well, you see, we should be careful until nightfall."

Sherry, puzzled, asked, "Why wait till night?"

Cid scratched his head, struggling for an answer, "Uh, you know, the shadows and all... I just feel more at ease when the moon's doing its thing. Plus, it adds drama!"

Sherry rolled her eyes, "Drama? Really?"

Cid, attempting to deflect from his questionable fashion commentary, skillfully sidestepped the topic. "Well, about that fashion critique, let's focus on the real issue here..."