Special Chapter

2024

"Welcome to the site of the ancient kingdom of Seraphoria," the tour guide began, gesturing to the historic surroundings. "This very street witnessed the meeting of a formidable couple, as recorded in countless history books." The tourists listened attentively, their interest piqued by the tales of old.

"Excuse me, miss. Can I ask a question?" Becky interjected, eager to delve into the romantic history behind the kingdom for her history assignment. "What became of the young couple after they were released by the crown prince?"

"Could you hold off on questions for now? We're just getting started," another tourist interjected, earning a glare from Becky, who was undeterred.

"Well, if you're curious," the guide continued, "according to the accounts I've read, Freen and Becca remained devoted to each other, facing battles side by side. Even in old age, they defended the empire during neighboring wars." Leading the group to a painting, she pointed out key details. "Legend has it that the townsfolk found them, hand in hand, in their final moments. Their story was entrusted to Irin, who presented it to the Emperor, Saint. The book chronicled Freen and Becca's adventures, with Becca pledging to continue their legacy through future generations."

As Becky approached the painting, a quote beneath caught her eye. "If the heavens and earth stand against the love I hold for you, if everyone advises against pursuing you, and if I cannot provide an heir in this lifetime, I vow to find you in each subsequent year of our reincarnation. Across every timeline, in every universe, and every day, my love for you will endure," read Lady Becca's vow from 224. Overwhelmed by emotion, Becky felt an unexpected connection to the tale, despite her initial disinterest.

"Please refrain from touching the painting," the guide cautioned as Becky's hand brushed it, sparking a strange sensation between them. Locking eyes with the guide, Becky witnessed flashes of the couple's journey, stirring tears she couldn't contain.

"What's your name?" Becky asked softly, her curiosity piqued.

"My parents are so into this tale so they named me Freen," came the reply, accompanied by a shy smile.

Becky's heart swelled with recognition. Becca's promise had come to fruition, and Becky was determined to honor their legacy, even if it meant rewriting history.

"Can I have your number?" Becky asked, a hint of playfulness in her voice.

"Hey, we paid for this tour too!" protested the other tourists, but Becky and Freen laughed, sharing a moment of connection.

"You felt it too, didn't you?" Freen asked, referring to the inexplicable sensation they had shared.

"And you saw it?" Becky replied, marveling at the enduring love of the ancient couple. "Their love truly transcends time."

With a chuckle, Freen resumed her tour guide duties, leaving Becky to ponder the extraordinary encounter. Whether it was fate or mere coincidence, Becky couldn't deny the profound impact of the story of Freen and Becca.