Chapter 14

When I started to take of his pants he stopped me.

“Laken, we can’t.” He whispered hoarsely, out of breath.

“Mmm, shh Jaxon, please.”

“No Laken, it’s not right. You’re in a fragile state right now. I can’t take advantage of you like that. I won’t!”

He slid out from under me and grabbed his shirt off the floor along with mine.

“Here, put this on.”

I did as I was told and then I just sat there in silence, waiting for an explanation as to why we couldn’t make love as we had done so many times in the past.

“Jaxon, I knew what I was doing. You weren’t taking advantage of me.”

“I just couldn’t let you down like before. I can’t be one of those guys who come in here with you just for the sex and then leaves. I want you Laken; I want us to be us again.” I saw tears swell up in his eyes and instantly I felt guilty. I shouldn’t have kissed him and I definitely shouldn’t have tried to have sex with him. He never cried, not in the 5 months that I had known him. I shook my head and said, “I’m so sorry Jax. I should’ve known, I should’ve seen the worry in your face. This isn’t about me is it? At least not directly. You’re afraid of Brenda.”

“NO!,” he snapped, “I am not afraid of anyone!”

“Jaxon, you don’t have to keep that tough guy act up when you’re with me. I know you. Whether you want to believe it or not.”

“Babe, I just…I just wish I could”, he leaned in close, “could get you out of here.”

I tried to avoid smiling. I wanted so bad, more than anything to be out of that place.

“It’s okay Jaxon. I see how bad it hurts you to see me in here. I know none of this is your intent. I’m not stupid.”

“But I picked you Laken. Me,I did that.” I put a finger to his lips and shushed him.

“Jaxon, out of all the terrible things that have happened to me here, you are a welcome guest. Now, I don’t wanna talk about this anymore. It’s depressing, and quite frankly, we both know that as much as you want to and I want to be out of here, I’m not going anywhere in the foreseeable future.”

Just then I heard the door creak open.

“Oh dear, how quite mistaken you are.”

“Mom, what are you doing in here?” I heard Jaxon say, almost at a whisper.

“Darling, Laken needs to be taught a lesson…again. I thought she learned it the first time. ‘Never try to turn my boys against me you ungrateful little bitch.’”

“Mom, no. She wasn’t trying to turn me against you. We were just talking. That’s all. Really.”

When he spoke to her he sounded like a little school boy who had just been caught watching his dad’s porn. He was no longer the strong and confident man I had fallen in love with. He lacked the characteristics of a man and instead, fell to the stature of a meek boy.

“Jaxon, honey, get out of here now. You are not going to like where this goes. And be sure to send Brady into mommy please.”

“Yes momma.” He slinked back into his shell when he was around her. Like she had complete control over him though, if he wanted, he could snap her frail body in half.

Brenda cleared her throat. “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

“Yes momma, I’m sorry.” After saying those words with little conviction he went over and kissed his mother, on the lips. And she kissed him back; it was lustful, like they were secret lovers. I almost puked.

Jaxon walked out the door without even looking back at me. He had to know what his mom was about to do to me. Or have Brady do, either way, he had to know it wasn’t going to be good.

“Ahh brady my darling, please escort little miss attitude to the cells. I will be there momentarily.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Brady picked me up by my hair off the bed and flung me over his shoulder. I knew better by then not to struggle. It only ever made things worse. He carried me for at least 8 minutes before we arrived at our gloomy destination. I saw why they called it the cells. In front of me were ten tiny cells, smaller than those they get in prison. They stretched the entire length of the hall and I couldn’t see inside the first or the last to tell if someone was inside. They were filthy and I dreaded what I was about to hear. I didn’t want to stay in one of those for God only knew how long.

“Very well done Brady. Now open up number three and place our guest in there.”

Brady, of course, did what he was told. I was barefooted and had on only the cami and shorts from earlier. The floor was concrete and cold and the walls were a mix of cement and dirt.

“You will be here until I can think of a fitting punishment for you. In the meantime, you should reflect on how well you had it before you blew it all. I am a very generous and kind woman as long as you do not mess with my family. And that you did child.”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N Okay, so I was thinking...I might write a couple more stories that tie into this one from other character's points of view since this one is all Laken's point of view. I may do Laken's family, Jaxon and Michael and their family. The only catch, I won't reveal the outcome of the story untill the final short story is done. 

Do you guys/gals like that idea? PLEASE let me know. Oh and also, I really want more views just because I want more feedback. I really would like to know what you all think.

~Thanks