Chapter 19

A/N Before you start reading, I know this chapter is short, but I wanted to get an update to you guys, like yesterday. So, I know it's short, might have a few mistakes, but I really like it. The chapter covers a serious and controversial topic that I am very passionate about. If you take offense to anything said, I am sorry but you were warned from the beginning. Nothing is spared.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

*Sniffle* “I’m sorry Laken. I didn’t mean to break down like that,” Jaxon said as he looked up at me with his gorgeous eyes.

“What did I tell you before? You don’t have to pretend to be a manly man around me. I like a guy with a sensitive side,” I said a bit seductively.  He always brought the animal in me out. With one stare I could be drawn in and stay hypnotized for hours.

He smiled, a bit shyly. “Hey, so umm….there’s another reason I came to see you. Other than me missing you, I have something to tell you.”

“Okay, shoot. I’m listening.”

“I’m not exactly sure how to tell you this.”

“Jax, just spit it out. That look on your face is scaring me.”

“It’s just that…that-“

“JAXON, just say it!!”

“I can get you out of here.”

“Y- you…you can get me out of here!?”

“Yeah, if you want my help.”

“Why the hell haven’t you told me this earlier?! We need to go…NOW!”

“Laken, it’s not that easy. I have a plan. But it didn’t take in account the fact that it looks like you swallowed a watermelon.”

“Well, what is it? Tell me!!!”

“Well, since my mom is away for a few days, I thought that I could call the cops and have them come over and rescue all of you and pick up  my mom at the meeting she is at. I mean, it would have worked if you weren’t pregnant.”

“Why the hell will it not work?”

“Well, the story is that you were held here and forced to have sex with a lot of guys. But-“

“It’s not a story! That’s what happened!”

“Yeah, well, you’re pregnant. Everyone knows that a victim of legitimate rape doesn’t get pregnant. Your body shuts down and avoids that kind of thing.”

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?”

“I’ve read all about it. There have been studies in medical journals, and a few politicians have even endorsed the idea. It’s one of the few things that my mom has taught us that is actually true.”

“Are you fucking kidding me? I was raped! You know I was raped! What the hell would you consider a legitimate rape?”

“Well, I mean, I don’t know. But I know you must have liked what you got because you’re pregnant. If you were raped your body would have sh-“

“YEAH, I heard you the first time. If I didn’t love being held captive, tortured and forced to have sex with nasty old men then I wouldn’t have gotten knocked up!”

“Well, no Laken, I-“

“Shut up and get the hell out of here. I NEVER want to see you again. Do you understand ME? I. NEVER. WANT. TO SEE. YOU. EVER. AGAIN!!!!”

I really didn’t. He made me furious. Who the hell actually believed that garbage his mom fed him? I was raped so many times I couldn’t count them anymore and he was there trying to tell me that since I was pregnant I must have liked it. Fuck him. I was pissed and so glad that he didn’t put up a fight. He just got up off the bed, gave me a quick peck on the cheek and waltzed out the door. What the hell was I supposed to do now, I thought. I contemplated on whether or not I should have taken him up on his offer even though he was being a douche. But, in the end, I decided against it. I really hoped the decision wouldn’t come back to haunt me.