Chapter 21

“Yeah, I am”, I managed to choke out. I was afraid if I opened my mouth, I might heave again and there was absolutely nothing left in my stomach for that.

“Look, I know you’re probably still mad at me but--- OH MY GOD! You’re pregnant?!”

“I just want to lie down.  Could you please take me back to my room Jaxon”, I said with not enough conviction. Michael and Jaxon started arguing over who should basically carry me back to my room.

“Shut up, please”, I murmured.

“Sorry Laken, I’m really sorry.”

“Dude, you don’t even know the meaning of the word sorry”, Michael accused. And he was probably right. Jaxon hadn’t exactly been impotent as of late.

“Michael can take me back to my room. I just want to sleep, please.” It was such a weak whisper I didn’t know if they had actually heard me or not.

“Fine”, Jaxon said like a little, pouty schoolgirl right before he let me crumble into a heap on the floor.

“Here, come on babe. It’s okay. I got you. Let’s get you back to your room. You look like you could use some water.” I stayed silent. I was already exhausted and speaking was the last thing on my list of things to do.

Michael got me up off the floor and draped my arm around his shoulders and put his firmly on my waist. Even in that position, he still had to basically carry me.

When we got back to my room, Michael laid me down gently on my bed. He just let me lay there for a while. It really was what I needed. After an hour or so I must have been visibly stronger because then, Michael took the chance to speak to a more coherent me.

“So, I don’t know what it is that you were doing there when I ran into you but I can only assume it wasn’t pleasant.”

“Well aren’t you the perceptive one.”

“What happened? What did you see that upset you so bad; that made you that weak?”

“I saw you, and Brenda.”

“Y- you what?”

“You heard me.”

“But how? How did you even get into that room it’s restricted access; Jaxon. It was Jaxon wasn’t it? That son of a bitch!”

“Stop, just stop it! You have no right to call him names right now! You were fucking your mother!! How could you do that Michael?? It’s sick!”

“I- I don’t know. It’s just what we do…all of us kids.”

“You’re all disgusting. I can’t believe I loved either of you!”

“You loved me?”

“What?

“You said you couldn’t believe you loved either of us; Jaxon and me right?”

“No….I- never mind. I just want to rest, okay?”

“No, not okay. You loved me? You loved me. You loved me! I KNEW IT!”

“Oh stop it. Whatever I may have felt for you then is all gone. That ship sailed a long time ago.”

“No, you forgave Jaxon. You can forgive me. We still have a chance. Laken, everything I have done since meeting you was for you. It may be cheesy but it was love at first sight. There was just something about you. Laken I-“

“Just stop, I heard the same speech from Jaxon. Okay? I don’t want any more excuses. Can’t you see I’m pregnant? I don’t need added stress.”

He smiled. “Yeah I see you’re having a baby. Do you know whose kid it is? Is it mine?”

“No, he’s not yours. It happened one of the first few times I was raped here.”

The joy was immediately wiped off of his face. He went from a look of ecstasy to looking like his preverbal dog had just died.

“You’re having a boy?.....I always wanted a son. To do all those things that normal dads and sons do together.”

“Yeah, well he’s not yours. He’s no one’s but mine. And I will protect him with my life.”

“I know. Look Laken. I know the last thing you want is another speech and I’m not trying to give you one but….I think- no, I know, you still love me. Somewhere deep down inside of you there is a place in your heart with my name on it. I want us to be together. And, we can raise this kid as our own. He’ll never have to know how he was actually conceived.”

“You know he will be taken away as soon as he’s born. I’ll never know my son. Nor will you.”

“But, with it being my family, I can pull some strings. Get you to be his care taker. We can be a family. I know you still love me, and dammit, I love you!”

“Maybe you’re right.”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N Ohhhh the suspense is building. It looks like Laken is going to take Michael up on his offer, but, does that mean she does actually love him? Or is she just using him? Team Michael? Team Jaxon? Team Come on and get her out already? LOL I hope you enjoyed!