Chapter 27

At first my brain did not register the pain. I was in a state of euphoria, like I was in a sea of bliss. The adrenaline that was pumping throughout my entire body prevented me from feeling anything except for the object inside of me. Seemingly going in me like a hot knife through butter. The only reason I ever felt the sting of the pain was Jason’s frantic screaming and the loud thud of footsteps fleeing the scene bringing me out of my trance like state of mind.

“LAKEN! LAKEN, DO NOT MOVE!”

I was shocked at what I was seeing. Right there, just at my bellybutton, there was  knife; sticking out of me. Blood was seeping from the wound and soon I felt it. The stinging pain, the agony. Then the panic set in. What if the knife hit my boy?! He can’t be hurt. Please God, you have to save my boy!

“LAKEN, Laken, shh it’s going to be okay. I have you. It’s alright.”

“Hey, Laken, stay with me. Come on. Hey, don’t you dare go to sleep!”

“LAKEN! OH MY GOD JASON! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!?”

“Jaxon shut the hell up. We have to get her to Marshall! HELP ME LIFT HER!”

“Here Jason, I got her head and shoulders. Jaxon, get her legs, Jason, hold pressure on that wound. But you HAVE to keep the knife in!”

“No way! I have to get it o-“

“NO! If it stays in that means it’s blocking any further bleeding vessels. If you pull it, she’ll bleed out.”

“Okay, fine, let’s go!!”

Zane, Jason, and Jaxon carried me to the infirmary. Marshal was busy with one of the guys Jason had beaten the shit out of but he quickly shoved the guy off the table and had them lay me on it. It was cold, metallic.  I heard the shuffle of footsteps as I went in and out of consciousness closely followed my more pain in abdomen, then by needles and medicine.  I was fading in and out so quickly that I would only catch quick snips of their conversations.

“I need an IV drip!”

“What is that!? What’s happening?”

“No, I don’t know h-“

“It must be done.”’

“She should know.”

“He’s right we-“

“…no, Marshall we have to tell her.”

“…so she won’t know any better anyways.”

“…leave her to d-“

When I closed my eyes after that last thought, I saw the “light”. I know what you are thinking, so cliché. But it’s true. It was so bright, yet too beautiful for me to turn away from. As I got closer to it I realized it wasn’t a light, at least not a single object radiating light. Rather, it was a whole group of people, or angels, or whatever. And they were the ones emitting the light. They all looked so at peace, at rest. Like what they had ever set out to do in life had been completed and they were on an endless high.

I tried to speak to them but no words came out. They just smiled and shook their heads, like they knew what I was going to ask. Then, I was jolted back into reality.

“SHE’S BACK!”

“Laken, Laken, can you hear me?!”

“Mhm.”

“Good, okay, that’s great!”

“Oh God, thank you! She’s alive!”

“Laken, it’s me, Marshall. I need you to stay awake ok? It’s very important for this next part.”

And then the agonizing, terrifying, gut wrenching pain fell upon me. I felt my insides contract and I realized I was giving birth.

“PUSH Laken! PUSH!”

I gave it all I had. I was still so weak. And getting so cold. But I knew I had to do it, for my little boy. I had to fight for him; there was no way I could give up on the only person in the whole world who would ever love me forever, no matter what.

“That’s it Lake, shh. Good girl. Come on. I know this hurts but you have to hang in there.”

“Laken, it’s me, Jason, I am right here with you.”

“No baby, shh, it’s Jaxon here. Come on baby, push our little boy out.”

“He’s not yours you jackass!”

“Go to hell man! She’s in love with me! We’ll raise him together!”

“Like fuck you will!”

“BOYS! This isn’t helping her. Either you shut up or get out and Zane will be here helping.”

*In unison* “Yes sir.”

“Good, now Laken, I think I can see his head... Get ready for the last big push honey.”

“…can’t.”

“Laken, hey now. Stay with me.”

I felt myself going out of it again. I tried so hard to stay in tune with reality but what my mind wanted and what my body wanted were two very different things.

“LAKEN! Laken, can you hear me sweety?”

“Please- name… him Lucas.”

“No! HEY, Laken, please stay with us.”

I heard Jaxon sobbing in the background and Jason pleading with God to make me better. Zane was quiet, but the last thing I felt before drifting off into my seemingly final slumber was his tear fall and run down my cheek to the corner of my mouth. It was salty, yet sweet.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

A/N HEY GUYS!

OMG! THAT ENDING! I know, I know, you hate me! But come on, that is a really kickass cliffhanger right!? AHHHH! Ahahah.

So, what do you think is going to happen? Clearly the ending of the story is near. Probably the next update will finish it. Excited? I know I am. But I am really thinking of writing another, like a sequel-ish.

The next update will hopefully tie up all lose ends and bring everything together for you guys. Please ask any questions you have between now and, let’s say, next Wednesday, June 26th. Just to make sure I have enough time to write it in the story before updating on Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks soo much!

ENJOY! COMMENT! VOTE! SHARE!