Chapter 26

If we are related then…then…then I just kissed my brother!”

“Yeah, that kinda sucks….Laken, can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.”

He asked me about everything from how Zack looked to where I was from to the color of my mom’s hair back in ’85. It may seem like an odd question, but she tells the story to everyone.

She was going through a weird and wild phase back then. She was a grown woman, but still, being as good as she was a kid, she needed to let loose. So, she went over two towns with three of her best girlfriends and they started betting each other who would make the wildest change to their appearance. My mom’s friends were only willing to get a tattoo that could be easily concealed or cut their hair; not too short of course.

My mom said that she would dye her hair the color of the next man’s shirt that walked by. Everyone agreed to it, my mom did because she thought that a man in public would be walking around looking presentable; in something that was a natural color. Nope, she forgot the circus was in town. The next guy to walk by had on a tie dyed purple, blue and pink shirt. And so, being the woman of her word that she is, she dyed her hair purple, blue and pink.

Every little detail matched up perfectly. We were definitely brother and sister.

I was in awe. I mean, what really were the chances that my brother, whom I had never met, was taken by the same psychos who got me? Then it hit me, how in the hell did they get him in the first place?

“How did you get here?”

Zane was taken aback by my question and just stared for a moment.

“I was taken and brought here. Same as most everyone else.”

“But how?? Jason told me that you were six when you were brought here. How did they manage to get you away from mom and dad? They are super protective. I wasn’t allowed out of their site until I was fifteen!”

“They weren’t always like that.”

“Explain.”

“I’m not really in the mood to talk about it, okay Laken?”

“Look Zane, you wanna know how I got here? Jaxon made me fall in love with him, then, one night while we were out having fun, he drugged me, stuffed  me into a car, and brought me here. So whatever the hell happened to you to get you here can’t be any worse than that.”

“SHE WAS A DRUNK! Okay, is that what you want to hear Laken!? Mom was a drunk.”

“That’s impossible. She never once picked up a bottle in the eighteen years I’ve known her!”

“She must have given it up after I was taken, and taken up to actually raising her kids.”

“What are you talking about? We must not be related because my mother is the best, most decorated woman to ever live.”

“The pressure, it got to her. All the time. Always having to live up to everyone’s expectations, it killed her to think she might fail. She was a drunk for as long as I knew her. Me and Zack fended for ourselves at age four. Dad was always gone on mission. It’s a miracle Zack and I survived as long as we did before we could do anything to help ourselves.”

My head spun. There was  no way my mother was a drunk. She was the most outstanding woman I had ever met. We did everything together. She was in no way neglectful; ever.

“I’m sorry Laken, I didn’t mean to upset you. You should sit down. You are looking pale.”

“No, I- I should get out of here. I can’t be here anymore.”

I went over to the door and starting pounding in it screaming for Jason to let me out. Zane tried to pull me away from the door but it was no use. I was pissed and determined as hell to get out of that room.

A couple minutes later, Jason came in.

“What’s going on Laken? What’s wrong?”

“I need to get out of here, NOW.”

“Why, what happened?”

“Please Jason, I need out of this room.”

“Dude, what the hell happened to her?”

“I don’t know Jason. She’s pregnant, must be hormones.”

“Alright Laken, come on. Let’s get you back to your room.”

We walked down the hall and took the turn to the elevators. Halfway down the “experienced assets” hallway I heard shouting behind me.

“Hey baby, come here. Let me hit that!”

“Nahh man, she’s here for me.”

“No, that fine piece of ass is mine. MMM, come here honey, let me hit dat!”

“HEY, all of you shut the hell up,” Jason was pissed as he yelled at those idiots. I could see a dramatic change in his eyes and hear the scary change in his voice.

“What the hell are you going to do about it?”

“Don’t push me. I work here, dumbass.”

“Dumbass? Man I will knock you the hell out!”

“JASON, please, you have to stop. Just get me to my room.”

“Oh baby, I got a place you can stay, right here.”

“That’s it!”

And that’s when the last shoe dropped…metaphorically of course.

Jason through himself at the guy and then the other two joined in. There were punches being thrown, kicks and screams. I was terrified. I had no idea what to do. I backed up as Jason threw a man in my direction. The guy got up and grabbed something. Before my brain registered what it was, it was inside of me.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH What a cliffhanger! What will happen!? I haven't written that part yet so even I'm excited to find out! What are your predictions? 

Thanks sooo mcuh for reading!!!!

ENJOY! COMMENT! VOTE! SHARE!