Chapter 25

Oh please Lord. This cannot be happening. I don’t think I can handle this.

”Answer me please. How did you know that? Did Jason tell you?! He was never supposed to tell anyone anything about me!”

“No, no it wasn’t Jason.” Though I wish it was. That would be a whole hell of a lot easier to explain.

“Then who?!”

“Nobody told me.”

“Then how in the hell would you know that information? HUH? Were you snoopin’ through my file?”

“No, no its nothing like that! I— I don’t know how to tell you this. I’m not sure of it yet myself.”

“Ma’am, please just tell me?” He was pleading with me then. His beautiful eyes were glossy and piercing through my soul. I knew I had to tell him; if not for him then for me. Maybe he could fill in some gaps that I was clearly missing.

“They are my parents.” There, I said it. That was the hard part right? Now it should be all smooth sailing from here. Oh boy was I wrong.

”What kind of sick joke is this?! Do you think it’s funny to mess with a man’s mind like that?”

“No, please Zane, you have to—“

“I don’t have to do anything!”

“Please, then I would really appreciate if you were to just hear me out. I’m not trying to mess with you. I swear it.”

“My momma used to say that. She never promised nothing, she always swore it.”

“Mine too. She never said the word promise, that’s where I got it from.”

“We can’t be related Laken.”

“I don’t want to think so. But how else do you explain it? You’re the spittin’ image of my brothers, especially Zack and my daddy.”

“Z—Zack? Did you say Zack?”

“Yeah, he’s my oldest brother, he’s…um….”

“29 years old?” Oh my goodness it couldn’t be.

“How did you guess that?”

“My twin brother’s name is Zack.”

“This can’t be happening. It can’t be real.”

“I don’t want it to be either but I think we have to face the facts.”

This really can’t be happening.

That was the beginning of the end for me, little did I know.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

This chapter is short, kind of a teaser chapter. I will have Chapter 26 on here in a few minutes.

The story is coming to an end. Can you guess what will happen? Who will make it out of that place alive?

ENJOY! COMMENT! SHARE! VOTE!