049.

CHAPTER 49 ━ A COLD NIGHT

Cold rainy night in the city of Fontaine, as arlecchino tasked you to sneak into the fortress of meropide to investigate the prophecy even more

You had no choice to follow the orders and lately the storms and wars has started lately going around the entire nation of teyvat but no one knows the cause, they say it's the abyss order or the fatui, no one knows, maybe it's Celestia themselves.

In the steambird newspaper written, the import transactions of each nations are struggling due to storms and a unknown flying creature going around, the sky started glowing and the some people started hiding in the woods or caves where no one can find them, they think it was the end.

You hear the ludex and furina doing interviews, people interviewing them on their opinion what's happening with the nations.

"Ludex, are you responsible for any these upcoming possible wars?"

"Miss Furina, you're an archon do you know anything, you must have some connection with the other archons?"

They kept ignoring the questions, the eyes watching the citizens and the important people of Fontaine, there was eyes everywhere.

Furina was staring at you then she got distracted entertaining the news people of teyvat, you made your way to chiori's boutique. You sat down waiting for chiori to finish with her current client, you decided to look around for accessories as she sold some too.

You heard the door opened quickly and it was Miss Furina hiding from news reporter. You approached her and gave her some water from your bag, she thank you and drank.

"What happened to you?" You asked her, she was panting from the exhaustion.

"I was running away from people, that's all.. but I also came here to have a chat with you" furina laughed.

Furina got distracted from the dress and fashion designs displayed in the store, touching it and admiring it.

"Ahem, pleas refrain from touching those. Those are my best collections " chiori glared at furina

"I apologize, I heard of you miss Chiori, as you are famous and you've made one of my show's outfits" furina laughed, chiori just gave an unamused glare at her.

"Hm, let me just finish this client's documents then I'll get your dress from the back" chiori writing and talking with the client.

Furina was talking with you, you see a newspaper and decide to read it and glaring at the picture of you, the news of you spreading everywhere in teyvat that you haven't dead, people who witnessed described what they saw, people who got interviewed think you're the one causing the wars happening in teyvat right now because you've went to those nations, you had sightings there even tho you have no exactly idea who's causing the wars and misunderstanding of the nations but you have suspicion on who it is, despising the nature of war, peace was the only dream and thought you had, everything was caused by that, closing your eyes dreaming what you want with your mother and friends

who caused this? Was it Celestia, you thought it was fatui or scaramouche at first, the deep thoughts made your brain wonder, will you ever see the smile of your mother again?, not worrying about the war between the abyss, the humans or Celestia themselves, the flowers growing without it getting destroyed by humans fighting for survival.

The friends, you left them behind for this dream, was it worth it when humans are the cause.. the betrayal on each other for their own desires, why did your mother exactly create you for? You were there to make her happy, you swore you will.

"Hey, are you even listening to me, y/n?" Furina clapped Infront of your face, snapped back to reality the mumble of a sorry came out of your mouth, she smiled yet deep down her she was genuinely worried, you got up as chiori walked out with the outfit that's suitable for fighting too as you requested, you gave her the payment in advance. Furina and you have left the store to hangout out of the city for a bit to get some air and have a chat.

The breeze was strong today, furina was talking about her interesting court cases lately, the chuckles of you two heard within the area, you two became best of friends, the weeks passed by.. you leave furina at the cafe where you guys always meet, the footsteps approaches to a hole that leads to the fortress of meropide, you walked in and finding A way to investigate, you need to stay here 1 day or more just to be sure, walking around trying to blend in, you were walking around but one of the guards recognized you and you got caught, they caught you immediately, you rolled your eyes.

They bring you and to question you why you were in the fortress of meropide..

"So why were you exactly in the fortress of meropide" the guard glared at you while having a paper on his hand, reading details about you, yet it's a fake identity of yours, arlecchino made it for you.

"I thought I could visit a friend of mine freely" you smiled, as the guard gave a sigh and cleared you, another guards enters the room and takes you away to take you to your room and giving you details on how long your stay is..

The drops of water in the area, hearing the prisoners work, carrying boxes, the arguments of prisoners...

Walking with the guard, you see a strong glass between you and the waters of Fontaine seeing little creatures

They gave you a list of things to do and some basic needs to start off, you went to bed for the day..

━━━━━

The shout of a guard woke you up it was outside your room, you get up from your bed and fixed yourself and you see a guard shouting at two random people, you watch the guard walks away you slowly approach the prisoners and asked what happened and getting to know some information about this place, you had interest too in some rumoured details about gnosis being here, it might be false but might as well try.

You see a black hair man walking and heading towards to you and mumbling something...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CHAPTER 049 : END

• updating again tomorrow, this was supposed to have 2-3k words but the other half is not yet done, I would rather push this update for you than nothing! -gabyuu

• gonna push out chapter 50 in few days!