She's A Student, I can't

Tom's pov)

Why did I choose this job? This school was never that good when I was here so what was I expecting when I came back?

I set out here with morals to keep me safe:

1. Don't act too friendly with my brother- everyone knows he is trouble

2. Don't get involved with any student

3. Be reasonable- I can't be bothered to deal with kids hating me

4. Stay on the other professors' good side

5. At least stick to this rules for more than a week

I'm not the only DADA teacher luckily. My job is to mainly deal with the older years so they are ready for their exams. The only downside is I teach my brother daily.

His friends are mainly alright. Daphne is the most annoying girl in the world. I'd been prepared for students to try flirt with me but she was being a bit over the top. Every single lesson she'd make it all obvious just how desperate it was. It was honestly pathetic. My brother was talking about he'd tried to get her to stop but she wouldn't. Guess I'd just have to deal with her being like this now. She was not the type of student I'd try anything with in the first place. 

However, Mattheo had another friend, Y/n Black.

She was different in a way I wanted every girl to be. She was smart, respectful and lovely. She was quite a bit shorter than me as well. The complete opposite of me but don't opposites attract. I'd seen her before when she was younger but now she looked completely different. The glow up was immaculate. 

The way I wanted her was against everything I stood for but why would she want me. I may be her friends older brother yet I was also her professor and that would no doubt cause her to stay away from me. She might not abide all the rules but I imagine this one she would. I also doubt Mattheo would let her get anywhere close to me. He had always been protective of her, he would probably throw a fit if anything actually happened between us. 

Today, I'd talked directly to her. Don't get me wrong, the whispering in her ear was a bold move but one I couldn't help myself from making. 

Y/n was also the kind of sunshine that could make anyone smile. Why would she want a grumpy older guy like me?

Even if she did...

But there was nothing I could do....

She's a student, I can't.