Why Did I Do This To Myself?

Mattheo is the first person to look my way and he already doesn't look too happy with me. I imagine it's because he found out about me and his brother but how? Did Tom tell him? Have I not been as secretive as I thought I was being?

There are so many questions but I don't have time to ask any of them or even apologise for what has happened before Mattheo starts speaking and confirms all my fears.

"Whoa, I expected this from Daphne not you, Y/n. Told bitch move if you ask me."

Harsh, but understandable.

I've been told worse and knew bad things would happen because of this but I didn't think I'd lose my friends over this.

Is this really the price I have to pay?

Why did I do this to myself?

"Mattheo, please..." I begin.

"Save it, I don't care. Have my brother. Just stay away from me you slut." He walks over to me and slaps me before going to leave the classroom.

My face stings and my head is spinning.

Tears well in my eyes but I won't cry. I refuse to cry in front of these people.

The ones I once thought were my friends.

Well, they turned out to be faker than anything else ever.

I look over to the other two here with Mattheo. It's Theo and Enzo.

They don't have the same hatred on their face.

Theo looks confused not angry and Enzo looks almost sad. Both of their eyes are on mine and Mattheo is calling them to follow him out the door.

But neither of them budge.

They just stare at me, their expressions getting sadder by the moment.

Yet not a word passes either of their mouths.

They are constantly swallowing back what they want to stay.

What would they do? Insult me? Help me?

I'm not too sure anymore.

Mattheo is still stood at the door waiting for them to follow looking severely impatient and annoyed at them.

His back is facing the corridor where the other students are flowing back.

So he doesn't notice Tom creeping up behind him.