I Make A Stupid Choice

It's been a week since the talk I had with Tom in his office. I'd stopped ignoring him now but I still had not waited in his office again to talk.

Last time, it had played with my feelings. This time, God knows what it might do to me.

I had been interacting with Tom still. His lessons weren't half bad and neither was he when you really get to know him.

From the outside, Tom appears to most as strict and lethal if caught in a bad mood. In reality, he's only lethal if you've actually done something to him first. Then, he goes crazy mode on that person. It's not only scary to watch but terrifying to be a victim to it.

Whoever was the next victim, you would feel bad for but Tom's whole personality is a warning to not get on his bad side.

Today, I wasn't feeling too well. My stomach was cramping up but there was no obvious reason for it. My period hadn't started yet or anything. My stomach was just killing.

*****

(Tom's pov)

There was something up with Y/n. I could just tell from the way she was acting. I'd been watching her for almost the last hour fidgeting around in her chair trying to get comfortable. I don't know what I could do to help.

She'd at least stopped ignoring me in class but still hadn't stayed back anymore since then. 

If something is up with Y/n, I want to know. Need to know so I can keep myself sane. Otherwise I will go to extreme lengths to make sure she is okay at all times.

That's when I notice her move her hands to clutch her stomach whilst I'm stood at the front teaching. 

I need to know what's up.

So I'm trying to find a way to discreetly but I don't know if it'll work.

Instead, I resort to some more extreme measures. 

"Miss Black, can you stay back after class I would like to have a word about your assignment from the other day?" 

I say it just as the others are packing up so it doesn't totally humiliate her. 

She gives me a firm nod then heads to my office almost like its routine.

And I didn't even have to tell her too.

Good girl, Y/n.

*****

(Y/n's pov)

Was I too forward heading straight into Tom's office?

Surely not?

Tom was always forward with me. Why couldn't I do it back to him?

I go to sit down just as my stomach really badly cramps up. There's not much I can do to help it. I don't have any medication in my bag. I forgot to bring any.

I'll get some when I get back to my dorm probably quite soon.

These conversations never seem to last long.

For the first time, I notice a door hidden in the corner between the bookshelves. I guess it must lead to his dorm. I've always wondered what Tom's dorm might look like. I imagine it is simple and likely dark just like his office and personality.

Unlike last time, Tom almost instantly enters his office.

"Are you okay, Y/n? I saw you looking uncomfortable in class. What's wrong? You can tell me." Tom says sitting on his desk next to your chair.

Tom was caring about you?

He noticed you were uncomfortable?

"My stomach has just been hurting, Professor." You reply looking up at him.

Why could I call him Tom in my thoughts but never to him? It was always "sir" or "professor".

"Do you have any medicine to take or anything at all to help you out?" Tom shuffles so there's only an inch between you. 

"I do but it's back in my dorm....Tom." Your voice fades to a whisper by the end.

*****

(Tom's pov)

She called me Tom!

Like said my name not my title.

It was so refreshing to hear.

Merlin, I could hear my name roll off her tongue like that over and over again for days. 

It was addicting.

I know I should let her go to her dorm and get the medicine but there's a selfish part of me that's stopping me from letting that happen. The same selfish part is wanting me to keep her here with me whilst I can.

Savour the moment.

Keep her close.

Get more from her.

Push the boundaries of what we do together.

Try something new.

Evolve our relationship.

*****

(Y/n's pov)

Tom hasn't said a single thing since I said his name to him.

He's just staring at me with what is that? Lust? Longing? Something in his eyes.

"You can go if you want but you are more than welcome to stay." Tom says like he has just snapped out of a trance.

He moves off his desk and goes round the other side and now sits in his own desk chair.

You want to stay. You really do. See what might happen if you stay a little while longer. Yet the pain in your stomach is leaning you towards taking the other option.

There's still one thing you could do before leaving.

You draw in a deep breath.

"I'm going to go get my medicine. I know it's the weekend tomorrow but I could always come here and hang out with you." You say giving him a small smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, Y/n." Tom's voice was laced with a hint of a smirk.

You turn to leave but stop. Drawing another deep breath.

You walk round the desk.

And lean up kissing him on the lips then fleeing before you get his reaction.

Now, you'll have to face him tomorrow after just having kissed him.

*****

(Tom's pov)

She kissed me!

Actually kissed me!

What's this feeling in my chest?

Why am I feeling like this?