Due 'Date'

(Y/n's pov)

It was now Friday and little by little each night you had been completing part of the assignment set by Professor Riddle.

Ever since the conversation you both had the other day, you had been avoiding him in every way possible.

Never making eye contact or even speaking in his class to help stop drawing attention to yourself but that didn't matter.

Professor Riddle's eyes still constantly remained on you all the time.

Now as you walked into his classroom something felt off but everything still looked the same. Professor Riddle wasn't initially at his desk when you entered. Maybe that made it feel off? You don't care about teachers though. At least you thought you didn't.

Still, Professor Riddle left his office on time to start teaching.

"Once I have set you off on the task you can all bring me up your homework. If you have not done it you have until tomorrow since it is the first assignment. Next time, I won't be so nice." Professor Riddle's eyes scanned the room.

You swear you caught them lingering on you for a bit longer than he did everyone else. Maybe you were overthinking it. Yes, surely that is all it was.

It was half way through the lesson now and everyone was working on the task. Slowly, different students brought up their homework and left it on Professor Riddle's desk. You were waiting for someone else to go take theirs up so you could go with them. You didn't want to be that close to sir alone. Yet, no one else seemed to have homework left to take up.

You kept stalling, hoping someone anyone would take up their homework but no one moved.

After another 10 mins, you decided to just take it up. You tried to make it quick and silent, sliding the homework on his desk without bringing any attention to yourself. You didn't say anything to him. Just left and went back to your seat straight away. 

*****

(Tom's pov)

She had been ignoring me. Was I too forward? Had I already fucked it all up?

Now she stayed silent whilst handing me her homework.

She was playing with my mind. Driving me crazy. I don't know how much longer I can manage to stay away. 

All my morals crumble by just being around her. 

Still she's a student, I can't.

Or could I?

As long as no one knew, it wasn't that bad. We could keep us a secret as long as I get to keep her. That's all I want.

I will use any means to get what I want no matter how much it could get me in trouble. 

Starting with getting her attention.

*****

(Y/n's pov)

The lesson is about to end and everyone around me is piling up their work and sir is collecting it in. 

When he collects in mine, he drops a note on the table. Daphne looks at it confused but I just shrugged picking it up before she could read any of it.

'Stay back after class, Y/n. I have some things I think we need to discuss. As friends not a student and her professor. Just like the good old times when we were young. I'd just like to catch up so tell your friends to go ahead. It's last lesson anyways.'

-Tom

You tell Daphne to go ahead and that Professor Riddle needs to speak to you about something. Once everyone has left you go over to his desk.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" You speak to him for the first time in days.

"Ah, yes, Y/n just go wait in my office I'll be in shortly." Tom says with a hint of a smirk dancing across his lips.