|one|

Chapter 2 will come once we will hit 10 votes on this chapter. Lol, never mind. I was just in teasing mode lol. 😂

Dedicated to all those precious people who had come here after reading Book 1 and Book 2 of this series. ❤

 ❤

There was so much noise in the surroundings. Such an annoying and monotonous that I felt my ears had gone numb. There was the smell of smoke and blood everywhere. I stood at the corner of the mess, looking at everything in shock. My eyes started burning due to smoke and the horrendous sight of my beloved in front. My gaze became stone as it wasn't leaving the scenery. I didn't even know how to react. I was maybe just four back then.

I came out of my shock when an old man crouched down before me. "Baby girl, are you fine?"

I couldn't even reply because I didn't know whether I was fine or not. His stare flung over me as if maybe he was ascertaining the absence of any external injury on me. But who could tell him that even if I was safe and sound, but I had got wounds on my insides which would never mend?

"Beta, are you hurt somewhere?"  He again inquired.

I shook my head. After a while, police entered the scene and one of the inspectors carried me toward their mobile. As I glanced through the glass of the car, my heart clenched at the sight.

The Edhi workers were collecting the dead bodies of my parents and then wrapped them in a white cloth before putting them on the stretchers. As we took a turn, I caught a glimpse of workers transferring their bodies inside their vehicles. A tear unknowingly fell on my cheek.

Did I lose my parents? Could I never meet them again?

So the thing was I and my parents were traveling in my Baba's car that night after a cozy dinner at a costly restaurant. But on the way, our car got hit by a heavy truck. The truck had attacked the front of the car. As I was sitting in the back seat, I got saved by this wreck while both of my parents died on the spot.

My Ammi was Baba's second wife. He had a love marriage with her against both of their families' approval. Baba belonged to a conservative family where marriages only occurred within the family circle. He had a wife before Ammi who was older than him by a few years but he was unhappy with her. Ammi was Baba's class fellow and they instantly fell in love. However, Baba's family didn't agree with his wish of his that he wanted to get married again. Ammi's side of the family too didn't want to marry their daughter to a man who was already married and had two kids already.

Hence Ammi eloped with Baba one day and had a secret nikkah. As Baba was the only heir of his father, my grandfather conceded after a few years that they should live together. And then I was born. My stepmother, step-siblings, and grandmother hated me because Baba's first wife was her niece. My grandfather was quite nice to me though.