|six|

Her heart started beating heavily against her ribcage as soon as he introduced himself. She remained quiet for the time she left Hiba's room to enter hers.

"Sarim, why did you call me?"

"Huh? You are my fiance and do I need a reason to talk to you?" He seemed more stubborn and annoying than she anticipated.

Unaiza licked her dried lips in distress. "Actually its...its very late. I...I have to sleep."

She heard him snore loudly. "I had such a hectic day today. And when I came back, I thought to call you to relax my mind a bit by talking to you but you are sounding as bored as I am a stranger to you."

"It's not like that Sarim. I was just saying it... it's not good. My family is against talking over the phone and meeting you before nikkah. If that's okay for you."

"And what do you want?"

She made a crying face at this. Where did she stick herself?

"I...I respect their wish and the think the same as they do."

"Who do you care for you, Unaiza? Me; your to-be husband or those people who have no blood relation to you?" He seemed genuinely pissed right now.

"Sarim, where did this come from?"

"And yes talking about them? Why are you living among these? That woman who is your Aunt has two grown-up sons. One is even your age too. That cocky and arrogant young man. Should I need to get extra worried about his presence in your life, Unaiza?"

Unaiza sighed and hit lightly on her head. "It's not like that Sarim. They are my family. I consider Aqia Mama as my mother."

"But that guy?"

"Sarim, please. Why would Aqia Mama search proposals for me if she had this intention?"

"Hmm. You are right." He quickly understood her point for which she was thankful.

As Sarim expected, she had to talk to him for half an hour. She wasn't liking it but she had no choice. Sarim had a very bad temper. At times when she didn't reply to him or turned silent due to sleepiness, he lashed out at her. And Unaiza had to apologize to him. She was grateful when he cut the call with a warning that he would talk to her again like this.

Many tears fell from her eyes and got soaked in the pillow. She had to tolerate it. Aqia was a woman who did many favors for her. And the least she could do to repay them was not to make her worried. That was perhaps best for everyone.

                      ________________

                  ••|Ten Days Later|••

Sarim had grown more bold than before. Now he was pressing her for video calls but for now, Unaiza was smartly dodging him. She knew it wouldn't work for a long time though. At times when Sarim turned completely out of the track, she thought to confide this to Aqia. But seeing her so enthusiastic and happy about her marriage, she declined the decision. Sarim wasn't asking for too much maybe.

If she wasn't that up to date with social media, then didn't mean that everyone would be like her. Huzaifa too used to do all sorts of such things with Inaya. They even hang out together as well. Perhaps Sarim had the same mentality too. Very soon, anyway, she was going to get married to him.

That evening, she was watering the plants in the garden, when Huzaifa walked over to her, looking all smiley and happy. She stopped her task and glanced at him in question.