|four|

What Aqia told her made her stunned and confused all of a sudden.

"I have found a nice very proposal you, Iza." She was so enthusiastic as she told her this.

"F...For me?" Unaiza stuttered in her own words.

Aqia nodded and then pushed the screen of her phone in front of her eyes. "See it. That's the guy. I like him very much. His name is Sarim and he is a practicing doctor. He is the only son of his parents and has a younger sister. Age-wise he is maybe four or five years older than you but believe me, he is a very nice guy. Ruqqiya Khala had given her full guarantee."

Unaiza just briefly glanced at the picture. But the havoc which started in her heart had caused her every sense to become numb. He was maybe handsome but she couldn't even keep an eye on it.

"Tell me then Iza. Should I ask Ruqqiya Khala to start the talk further?" Aqia was asking her.

Ruqqiya Khala was a matchmaker woman running a matchmaking company. Unaiza snuck in a breath to calm herself down before licking her dried lips. "Whatever you think is right, Aqia Mama. I will respect it."

Aqia placed her hand over her cold hand. "No, beta. Your consent means alt to me. I will not proceed with anything without your happiness and permission."

Unaiza lifted her shoulder in dismay. "But Aqia Mama why the rush? I mean, isn't it too early for marriage? I just graduated a while ago."

Aqia smiled and patted her cheek. "Iza, sweetheart. You are my responsibility. I had vowed to myself to take care of you as your mother. And I believe it's the most suitable time for marriage. I am alive now but what will happen when I won't be here anyone? I and your Papa both are growing older. And life is never predictable."

Unaiza quickly shook her head and held her both hands. "Please Aqia Mama. Don't talk like that. May Allah give you a long life. I don't have any issue with anything. I know whatever you will choose for me, it will be best. I don't mind anything. You can proceed."

"Are you sure?" Aqia still wanted to know her intention.

"Yes," she mumbled, truthfully.

"Fine then. I will ask Khala to give a positive response from us. The guy's family may come in a few days to meet us. I hope everything will turn out to be fine," Aqia asserted.

Unaiza could just bobbed her head with a smile. When she came back to the kitchen, she couldn't even focus on her baking. She asked the maid to look after her dish before rushing towards her room.

The first thing her eyes looked at as soon as she came, was her diary. Her friend and secret keeper.

The one who had been harboring the tales of her heart. The heart which only had feelings for Huzaifa. When Unaiza skimmed through its pages, it's every paper was filled with the words of appreciation, admiration and craze for her. It had been since this diary was the reflection of her heart.

What she had been doing for all those years? She had been having those special feelings for him when she knew they would never become fruitful. She had been watering that flower of love for him which was bound to get blown apart. He was unapproachable and she wished for that dream which was out of her reach.

From the very first call of her heart for him, she was aware of the fact that he would never be hers. Then why was she feeling bad when she realized that once this craze needed to end? This wouldn't last long. She had to become someone else's and all those feelings should be reserved for that person.

Tears fell from her eyes at this before she shut the diary harshly. Putting it back in the drawer, she felt herself the biggest fool of the century.