|five|

She was still sitting in her room when Huzaifa was gone. But now the sadness in her heart was getting more intense seeing him. She wished he wouldn't have appeared in front of her. Why did she have to be so idiot? Why see such dreams that could never come true? And then why sulk over them when she knew that she could never see them with open eyes? Suddenly feeling a wetness trailing down her cheek, she was confused over her own innate reaction.

Unaiza stared at herself in the mirror and suck in a breath finding a big, fat tear on her cheek. She quickly dabbed it with the pulp of her fingers to not mess up her makeup. Grabbing a cotton wisp from the pouch of the beautician, she pressed it on her lower eyelid softly to stop the tears from falling down before someone could see them.

What would she say if anyone would catch her weeping? The truth is that she was crying for Huzaifa and her own unrequited love.

She took a deep breath to calm herself down. It was just so stupid to act like this. But right at that moment, someone knocked on the door.

"Iza, can I come in?" It was a familiar voice.

Unaiza hurriedly sat back in her seat before making sure she was looking better. However, her red eyes were a big contraindication to it.

"Unaiza?" It was Nisha who had again called her.

She licked her lips. "Yes, Nisha Api. Please come in."

After a while, Nisha entered her room, while her finger was wrapped by a two years old Azan. She looked lovely in a pure white long maxi with detailed embroidery on her blouse. The arms were of white net and the white dupatta was placed delicately on her shoulder which Azan was keen on chewing, unknown to his mother. Her hair was slightly curled and left open on her back.

Nisha smiled looking at her

Nisha smiled looking at her. Once Unaiza was just a little girl and now she was going to get engaged. Time flew faster than one could imagine surely.

Unaiza stood up and hugged her tightly. "Nisha Api!"

"Iza, I was so surprised when Aqia Khala called me by saying I am invited to your engagement. I mean, it just feels like yesterday when you stayed with me at my house when I was pregnant with my twins," she murmured, closing her eyes in ecstasy.

Unaiza grinned too after they broke the hug. "I am so happy to see you here, Nisha Api."

"I had to come Iza because it's your happy day," Nisha chimed, caressing her cheek. "Masha Allah, you are looking so lovely."

Unaiza wished that it was actually her happy day as Nisha was saying. Forgetting everything, she turned towards Azan who was looking at her curiously while peeking at her through the net of his mother's dupatta. That was the new game the baby had found ever since Nisha wore this dress. He was perhaps liking this peek-a-boo.

"Aww Azan. You have become so cute," Unaiza murmured as she coaxed him and crouched down in front of him.

"Iza," he whispered, his blue eyes widening.