|twenty eight|

I couldn't believe in my own luck.

I never thought my hidden prayers would get answered like this.

It felt like a dream. A beautiful, unreal, and unbelievable one.

Last night, Haider Bhai came to me and said that he wanted my marriage to Huzaifa. At first, I thought I misheard him. How could this happen? How could I find that star out of the blue like this? The star which had been going far and far away from me, I was getting a chance to come near it so unexpectedly.

Haider Bhai didn't opt for any sugar-coating here. He made it clear why he suddenly brought up this marriage. This union was only the way to melt the ice between Huzaifa and Tashfeen Papa. And the same marriage would act as my refuge and a consolation for all of them that I would be in front of them the whole time. He gave me a free hand to decide it.

What could I have said? My senses were gone numb. Huzaifa could become mine and that too, so easily? The dreams, the crush, and the love I had been harboring since I first saw him come finally come into life? Should I be selfish this time? Time would not provide me with such a good opportunity to exist in my dreamland every other day.

But what about Huzaifa? He never liked a girl like me as a life partner. What if he would reject me? Or what if he would say yes but remain unhappy? Should my dreams cost the happiness of the guy I loved?

I was in a turmoil of my own this time and asked for some time from Haider Bhai. I was stuck in the middle of this. No one knew my crush on Huzaifa and if I agreed, they would think I was just forcing myself for the betterment of this house. It wasn't practically wrong; if I just minus the force word from it. I wanted Huzaifa to come back to his house. Aqia Mama's state had been killing me alive day by day. Tashfeen Papa wasn't my same Papa anymore. He was tensed, worried, and angry but cared for Huzaifa at the same time. Haider Bhai too was troubled because of this. Jannat missed her Chachu. And Huzaifa. He missed his family too. This yes of mine would bring so much prosperity to this house.

But what about Huzaifa's own personal life, leaving away every other person? He had a girlfriend and he was in love with her. Where Inaya and where I. I stood no chance of capturing his eyes; my heart was so far-fetched. What should I do? I had no clue. Huzaifa would be forced to leave Inaya and then he wouldn't remain happy. How could I be happy when he wouldn't be?

She dropped the pen on the diary and then closed it. Unaiza held her temple with her both hands. Her condition was the same mixed and weird as her mental state.

She wanted to avail this chance but it shouldn't come at the cost of Huzaifa's displeasure. Biting on her lower lip, she again opened the page.

Huzaifa: the star, the sky, the prince, the breathtakingly handsome guy, a celebrity, had a keen eye for the beauty as he himself was.