|fourty|

A maid once again stood on the other side of the bed with a stuffed pink-colored toy. "Begum Sahiba sent it."

Huzaifa swore under his breath. "What the hell is it supposed to do in a newly married couple's room?"

The maid pressed her lips together. "It belongs to Unaiza Baji. She said that I should give it to her. I don't know the rest."

Upon hearing the voices, Unaiza too came out of the washroom, holding her lehenga in her both hands. Her cheeks blanched seeing her favorite stuffed toy. She dashed ahead and grabbed it from the maid's hand.

She smiled. "You can go. Thank you for bringing it."

Unaiza closed the door behind her and stopped in her way seeing Huzaifa keenly gazing at her while folding his arms over his chest.

She gulped and tried to hide the toy. "That's mine."

Huzaifa nodded. "I know. She said it but why is it here?"

She licked her lips. "Huzaifa, I...I can't fall to asleep until I...I actually hold it to myself. Aqia Mama knows this so she sent it to me because somehow it might have been left in my room when I packed my things."

Unaiza lowered her head because of humiliation. That was one of her secrets which only Aqia and Nisha knew. And now she thought Huzaifa would burst into laughter because of this silly thing.

Huzaifa first chanced a look at the pink stuffed toy which was in the shape of a duck and then Unaiza who was right now looking like a half bride. Devoid of any jewelry and dupatta, she looked plain and simpler. Her pale skin was showing through the medium neckline which gave a perfect view of her high collar bone and throat. The border of her neck ended slightly away from the bulk of her shoulders hence it gave the slightest sight of her shoulder as well. An unusual - totally unexpected craving arose in his heart for her.

His gaze went more down and this loose dress left so much to imagine for him. Perhaps the size was one or two numbers bigger than Unaiza's actual size. He again focused on her face and saw her lips quivering. They were still painted red and looked like a cherry red candy once again.

He walked in her direction. "I know why you did that." Unaiza looked back at him in stun. "Because of your nightmares about the horrors of the day of death of your parents and then what your stepmother and step-siblings did with you. That toy made you feel that someone is near you."

How did he know that? She remembered she never told this thing to anyone else except Aqia and Nisha.

Huzaifa placed his big palm over his back. "Don't worry, Iza. I am a full-grown human being sharing that bed with you. You don't need to rely on lifeless things anymore." He winked at her in the end and Unaiza blushed again. She didn't know how to stop herself from getting affected by him.