|twenty six|

I felt like insects were crawling over every inch of my skin.

Just a while ago, I heard Aqia Mama and Tashfeen Papa talking about my marriage. Another marriage once again. It made my mind recall everything from a year ago. When Sarim entered my life, tried to harass my intellect by molding me in his twisted ways, my wedding to him, my divorce on the first night as a wedding gift and then finally the news that he was a fraud and I became a victim.

I still remember that night. It was bigger than any horror. I didn't have any courage to face that humiliation again. But I couldn't deny them here. They were right in their place. I wasn't their daughter and it was a blessing that they cared about me. They wanted the best for me and didn't want to delay anymore. So maybe that was why I would not be able to reject it again. These were one of the few times I missed my real parents. Aqia Mama and Tashfeen Papa were like my parents but they weren't real. I couldn't oppose them in many places. Hope you got my point. I am very bad with words Besides, I didn't want to put a burden on them anymore. I would rest my case once again to Allah Almighty and then my new family. Overthinking would once again lead me toward darkness.

However, there was one more thing as well. It was during the first time too and this instant as well. And this was the feeling of my imagined dreams again disappearing and rotting. I had practically given up on the fact that someday Huzaifa could be mine even in my wildest dreams ever since I went on that date with him. Maybe it had relinquished the hope inside of me. And now even if I saw dreams about him, I didn't give them any second thought. I was crazy but not that crazy to ask for something which was even way more impossible.

The star was going away farther and farther away. Wanting to keep an eye on it and have it was idiotic.

Her phone beeped and she was interrupted by it as usual. Unaiza dropped the pen in the middle of the diary and darted her attention to it. A different yet bleak gloss appeared in her eyes when she saw a message from Huzaifa.

"Thanks for wishing me a birthday. I would have loved to eat that cake but alas; your Tashfeen Papa messed up everything. Btw, I hope you would have eaten my share of cake as well."

It was after thirty-two hours he had seen her message and replied to her. He must be so busy because of work and other things that he could not get time to check her text perhaps. Unaiza bit her lower lip and couldn't understand what to think right now. As the first time, she should again prepare to bury her love for Huzaifa deep inside before becoming someone else's.

She was still in her thoughts when her phone rang. It was a video call from Huzaifa this time. Why was he doing that? Sensing any bad, she got up and rushed to close the door of her room. No one should know that she was in contact with Huzaifa. She received the call nevertheless. It revealed him and Azan on the screen. Her eyes relished at his sight. In a blue T-shirt which was perfectly hugging his muscular body and sweatpants, he was looking even more handsome to her. After perhaps a year, she saw him and now she couldn't believe in her own eyes.