|twenty nine|

That evening, she was watering the plants in their garden by a pipe while occasionally glancing at Jannat who was roaming around playfully in her baby walker. She seemed so delighted whenever she was put to the ground and allowed an opportunity to explore the world by herself. Right now, she was riding her own little vehicle and chirping happily. Unaiza smiled at her as she continued her work too.

She heard from Aqia that Huzaifa agreed to their marriage. This information made her stomach twirl with so many butterflies. Sometimes unspoken prayers got listened to by Allah Almighty as well and that happened in her case.

After a mutual decision by elders, it was decided that their wedding would occur after fifteen days. Tashfeen wasn't in favor of any delay because he indeed had put a stone on his heart by accepting Huzaifa again. But that was for the betterment of Unaiza and his wife. He along with Aqia and Haider didn't want Huzaifa to change his mind. Such a chance would never come back.

But who knew Unaiza was in the same boat as them?

Her little crush was finally coming to reality and apart from the respect of the family, her love itself was one of the reasons as well that why she said yes to Haider for Huzaifa. 

She sensed someone tugging the border of her dupatta and she knew who it must be even without looking away.

"Yes, Jannat?" She asked, gently, turning around and staring at Jannat's curious face.

She had done this countless times before. Going over every corner of the garden and then coming back to Unaiza to check what she was doing. Her main focus of attention was that pipe and water coming out of it in Unaiza's hand.

She jutted out her chubby arms up, wanting to grab the pipe in her hand. Unaiza instead took her small hand and kissed it. "Kids don't touch water, Jannat. You will get sick."

The baby wrinkled her nose and then screeched to start a cry when she didn't get what she wanted.

"Allah, Jannat. Who cries like that?" Unaiza dropped the pipe on the ground and crouched down before her walker. She picked up a toy from the garden table and pushed it in front of Jannat's eyes.

The baby's brown eyes twitched and she stopped crying looking at her favorite red stuffed doll before taking it from Unaiza's hand. She flashed a smile and then the poor doll's right arm was in Jannat's mouth as she started gnawing on it.

Unaiza shook her head at this adorable sight. The kids were so much blessed. They didn't have to worry about anything. They got happy with even smaller things.

Jannat soon became lost in her play and doll and again moved her walker in the other direction. Unaiza again held the pipe in her hand and started watering the plants.

She was busy in her work when she heard the sound of the engine of a car. Realizing who it was, her heart thumped heavily against her chest. She closed the tap and folded the pipe at the corner before looking at the garage where Haider's car came to a halt.