Road Trip (2020)

I've been hanging out with Debbie and Isaac these last few weeks, sometimes it's just me and Debbie. Isaac and his girlfriend Bailey seem to be getting serious. June and I text every now and then but we haven't hung out since seeing each other at the carnival.

Today I'm meeting Debbie and Isaac at the ice cream parlor. I've been here for 10 minutes waiting in my truck. I see Isaac pull in, so I hop out of my truck.

"Sorry I'm late, I promised Bailey I would visit her at work this morning and got caught up." Isaac said while closing his door.

"It's okay, Debbie still isn't here. I'm sure she'll be here in a few minutes though." I say

"Yeah I would have given her a ride but I was busy, I completely forgot she doesn't drive." Isaac said laughing.

"She doesn't? I thought she drove her moms van from time to time?" I ask, now I feel bad. I would've offered her a ride if I knew.

"Are you kidding? Me and Debbie just so happened to be taking our driving test at the same time... And that girl can not drive!" Isaac said laughing, I joined him.

"Wait, so how does she meet with us? Does she walk?" I ask, I regret laughing at her. Just as Isaac starts to answer he stops and just points. I see Debbie riding her bike, she finally meets us. "Hey Debs!" I greeted her. She tries to answer but is completely out of breath.

"Hey Hen, Hey Isaac!" Debbie says, while taking off her helmet that was covered in cat stickers.

"Let's go get some ice cream, maybe that will cool you down." Isaac suggests and laughs.

"Well alright, sounds good!" Debbie says while taking her elbow pads off. Debbie's mom is really protective over her, so that explains the helmet and pads.

We get into the Parlor and everyone orders an ice cream. It's too hot outside to eat it so we found a booth. Isaac sits on one side and Debbie and I on the other.

"So I've been thinking." I say.

"That never goes well." Isaac says, they both laugh.

"Be nice Isaac! What were you thinking about Hen?" Debbie asked.

"Well we kind of got a late start on the summer, and it's about to end. I was thinking about going on a road trip, spending the weekend at the beach and then coming back home. What do y'all think? Wanna come?" I ask, taking a bite of ice cream.

"I would have to ask my parents and see what Bailey thinks about it. But I'm down to go!" Isaac says, getting his phone out and texting his mom.

"Yeah I would have to ask my mom, but she loves you and your mom. So I'm sure she wouldn't mind." Debbie says.

"Well just let me know by tonight, I want to start planning asap! And I hope to go next week." I say finishing up my ice cream.

Everyone finished their ice creams and we sat and planned what all we would do on our road trip. Isaac gets a phone call from his mom asking to pick up his little sister from her friends, so we all decide it's time to go.

We get outside and head towards where everyone parked. "Need a ride Debbie?" Isaac asks.

"Umm sure, that would be nice!" Debbie answered.

Isaac picks Debbie's bike up and puts it in the back of my truck, "Great! Henry will give you one." He says winking at me.

"Umm sure, I don't mind." I say.

"Well okay, see you later Isaac!" Debbie says hoping in my truck.

"Thanks for volunteering me man, I really appreciate it." I say sarcastically walking to get in my truck.