Pranks, Pretzels, and Plastics

Picture this: North Shore High, where Regina and the Plastics, rule the school. They are the most popular and highly respected in school, making it easy for most people to blend in and stay unnoticed. But what happens when your sister decides to steal your clothes to "improve" them by drawing on them and stitching designs into them? Suddenly, staying under the radar becomes a huge challenge. It's like walking into a battlefield without any armour!

I was fortunate enough to be adopted by the Imi'ike family at a very young age. Sadly, I have no recollection of my biological family, but from what I have been told, they were not good people. It's because of this that Janis, my adoptive sister, has always been fiercely protective of me, even though I am actually a month older than her. Even though I am physically bigger than her, she has always made sure that I am safe and cared for. Her love and devotion to me are something that I will always be grateful for.

During summer break, Janis decided to jazz up some of my "boring" clothes without giving me a heads-up. I noticed some of her designs right away, but the real surprise hit during a mall trip with Janis and Damian. Wearing what I thought were regular jeans, turns out my wonderful sister had painted a cheeky "bam" bubble on one back pocket, like from a comic book.

As we stood in line for pretzels, I was looking forward to a simple snack when, out of nowhere, some guy unexpectedly smacked my ass in the middle of the food court, leaving me taken aback and completely embarrassed. Damian promptly drove me home on his grandma's scooter, and when our parents picked up Janis, she handed me an apologetic pretzel. It was a soft, golden twist of dough, generously coated with coarse salt, and still warm from the oven – her way of saying sorry in a deliciously guilty manner.

To make matters worse, the food court fiasco got filmed and plastered all over social media. I basically turned into a hermit, holed up in my room for a whole week after that.

Janis felt super guilty about the whole thing. She kept apologizing non-stop, even though I kept telling her it was okay. But, you know Janis – she's persistent. First, she wrote this apology song and her and Damian to performed it together. Picture this: my sister, with her guitar, and Damian on backup vocals. It was kinda cheesy but also sweet. Still, the apologies kept coming.

Then, in her quest for redemption, she decided to bake homemade pretzels. The smell filled the entire house, and when I finally tasted those warm, homemade pretzels, I had to admit they were kinda amazing. That's when I had to say, "Janis, seriously, it's all good now. Stop with the apologies." And that's when the Pretzel Peace Treaty finally ended.

As the social media storm settled, I found myself gradually returning to my usual routine. Then, out of the blue, an Instagram message appeared, and to my surprise, it was none other than Regina George – the school's queen bee. It was an unbelievable surprise to discover that she was aware of my existence. However, she and Janis were inseparable until sixth grade and even though I've always kinda kept to myself, Janis is my sister so Regina has acknowledged my existence once or twice before.

reginageorge
I saw how great you looked in those jeans at the mall. Tell me where you got them from?

I was left utterly taken aback, wondering why Regina George would even look at my profile. Still, a compliment is a compliment, right? This unexpected turn of events followed the whole ass-slapping incident, adding another layer of intrigue to the aftermath. It dawned on me that even the popular girls could appreciate a great pair of jeans. I didn't know how to tell Regina that Janis had painted on them herself, so I told a little white lie.

y/n_imiike
Thanks. I got the jeans from H&M then had the bubble painted on after. They're a work in progress.

reginageorge liked a message