Gifts, Giggles, and Great Cookies

"Hey, can I ask why you sang Ivy last night?" Regina asks as finishes one of the last questions and slides the paper to me. I look over her writing checking she did everything correctly before sliding it back, "Good, only three more questions to go."

"Y/n, you didn't answer my question," the blonde laughs. I chuckle, "Blonde was your favourite album when it came out just before 5th grade." She smiles, "And you remembered Ivy was one of my favourites?" I blush and look down, "Perhaps, yes. I learned how to play it on guitar that summer but no one knew I play or sing. Not until yesterday anyway."

The blue-eyed girl smiles fondly, "You're cute," she says before going back to her work. Once we're done, Regina drags me back to her bed and kisses me passionately. We finally pull away after making out for a while. "I got you a present!" she states excitedly, smiling widely.

I giggle, "I got you one too!" I say getting up and rushing to my bag in her closet. When I return to the bed, my girlfriend has a massive Christmas-wrapped box in her lap. "That's huge!" I exclaim, marvelling at the size of the box in Regina's lap. She grins mischievously, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Open it, open it!" she urges eagerly.

With a smile, I tear into the wrapping paper, revealing a sleek black box underneath. I lift the lid to find a brand-new, seafoam green electric guitar nestled inside, its polished surface gleaming in the soft light of Regina's room. My eyes widen in surprise and delight as I run my fingers over the smooth curves of the instrument.

"Oh my god, Regina, this is amazing!" I exclaim, unable to contain my excitement. There is also a smaller box inside the big box, "There's more?" I ask. The blonde nods, "Yeah, open, open, open!"

I open the small box to find a silver necklace with a pendant of two drumsticks crossed. "Baby, this is perfect, oh my gosh!" I say pulling her into a hug. "I know you love music and you're always talking about instruments and stuff in songs, so I thought they'd be perfect for you. Then, you performed at the talent show last night and it all worked out," she says, her voice filled with warmth and affection.

I lean in to press a grateful kiss to her lips, feeling overwhelmed by her thoughtfulness. "Thank you so much, Reggie. I'm so excited to have a guitar of my own and I'll wear this necklace every day. This means a lot," I say, my heart swelling with love for her.

Then, it's her turn to unwrap my gift. She eagerly tears into the wrapping paper, revealing a small, intricately carved wooden box. Inside, nestled on a bed of velvet, is a delicate silver necklace, adorned with a tiny musical note pendant.

"It's beautiful," She breathes, my fingers tracing the delicate chain. "Thank you, Y/n."

I beam at her, my eyes shining with happiness. "I saw it and thought of you," I explain, reaching out to take her hand. "I know how much music means to you too, and I wanted to get you something special."

She leans in to kiss me, feeling a rush of affection wash over me. "You're the best," She whispers against my lips, savouring the moment."It's a symbol of my love for you and our shared love for music," I say softly, Regina's eyes locking with mine. "I want you to wear it and remember that no matter what happens, my heart belongs to you."

Tears prick at the corners of her eyes as I reach for her, pulling her into a tight embrace. "I love you, Y/n," she whispers, her voice choked with emotion. "I love you more than anything in this world."

We stay embraced for a while until I pull away excitedly with a twinkle in my eye. "I have a surprise for you, downstairs," I state bouncing in my spot on her bed. Regina smiles widely, "It's not another present, is it?"

I shake my head, chuckling, "Not exactly. Just follow me," I say, getting up and pulling my blonde girlfriend off the bed. When we get to the kitchen, I see all the ingredients and cookie cutters to make and decorate Christmas sugar cookies.