Batman, Bed, and Beach

The tutoring session went well this afternoon. I was feeling extra clingy after our conversation with my sister so I stayed at Regina's longer. I finally accepted her father's invitation for dinner and sitting next to Regina, we were able to subtly hold hands and steal glances between each other.

Mrs George offered me dessert but I decided it was best for me to go home. Getting the car, Regina looks over to me, "You sure you're okay?" I nod, "Yeah, I think so. I understand that Janis probably isn't feeling so great about this but I really hope she can come around because I'm really happy Regina."

She smiles brightly, "I'm really happy too. I'm sure she'll come around." We drive in silence for a while until the question pops into my head, "Hey. When did we start calling each other 'babe'?" The blonde sits in the question for a moment. "I don't know. I guess it just came naturally. Why do you ask?"

I shrug, "I don't know. I guess a lot of people consider it like, a pivotal moment in a relationship but it just happened with us. We've just been comfortable in our little bubble and it's been nice." She nods in realisation, "I guess, yeah. It's just been nice to not have any outside input or anything."

Regina drops me right at my driveway and kisses me passionately. "I'll see you later babe. If you wanna do something together this weekend, let me know. I think the girls might wanna hang out at some point but I'd love to do something with you more." I smile, "thank you. I'll let you know."

In the quiet comfort of my room, I lean against the wall that separates Janis's room from mine, my words softly spoken with a mix of remorse and earnestness. "Janis, I know this might be hard for you, and I want you to know that I'm genuinely sorry. I never intended for things to turn out this way, and I never meant to hurt you."

The room remains silent, and for a moment, I wonder if my sister is even there. The weight of the situation settles on my shoulders, a pang of guilt tugging at my conscience. "I understand if you need time to process this, and I respect whatever feelings you have. But, Jan, I want you to know that I'm happy. Regina makes me happy, and I hope you can find it in your heart to be okay with that."

Still met with silence, I take a deep breath, trying to reconcile my newfound joy with the complexities it has brought into my relationship with Janis. "I know she's not your favourite person, and I don't want this to strain our relationship as sisters. If you ever want to talk or if there's anything I can do to make this easier for you, please let me know. I care about you, sis."

As the seconds tick by without a response, I resign myself to the uncertainty of my sister's feelings. It's a difficult position to be in – caught between the happiness I've found with Regina and the unintentional strain it has put on my relationship with Janis. With a heavy heart, I retreat further into my room, contemplating the complexities of emotions.

Later in the night still having heard nothing from my sister, I decide it's probably best I try to get some sleep seeing as I hardly got any last night. I lie in my bed, wrapped in the comfort of my covers thinking that I won't be able to get to sleep but am surprisingly mistaken when the darkness takes over very quickly.

。°✩。⋆☾☼

I managed to sleep until 9 am. I head downstairs in my pyjamas and pour cereal into my bowl carelessly, a few pieces falling onto the counter. Janis walks into the kitchen not acknowledging me. She grabs something from the fridge and then goes back into her room.

I sigh and sit at the counter to eat my breakfast before rinsing my bowl and putting it into the dishwasher. I go back into my room and check my phone, seeing a message pop up.

Jane🩷
Hey, the girls and Cady are coming over to hang out today so I won't see you today 😕 I'll call you later. Have a good day ♡

Unsure what to say, I type out something quick