Rules, Romance, and Revelations

"Can we be more than secret friends?"

I stand there, shocked and not knowing what to say. "Regina I-" The blonde cut me off, "You know what? This was stupid I shouldn't have done this. I should just go." Before she can walk away, I gently grab Regina's wrist.

"Regina, you didn't even let me respond." Regina sighs and avoids my eyes, "It's okay Y/n. I already know what you're gonna say. Just spare me the rejection." I huff a little, "Reggie, I'm not rejecting you."

The blonde finally looks up and into my eyes, "You're not?" She says with a cute little grin. "I'm not. We should probably set up some rules since you're not ready to come out and I'm not ready to tell my sister. But first..."

I pull Regina into a kiss and when we pull apart she has the biggest most genuine smile I've seen from her in a long time, "Let's get out of here. Come back to mine?" I smile and nod, "Sounds perfect. Oh! I need to text Janis to tell her I'm studying at the library and I might be home late."

"She's really protective of you, isn't she?" "Yeah, but it's okay, she's been like that our whole lives so I've learned to deal with it."

Drama Queen (Y/n)
I'm studying at the library tonight might be home late. Don't wait up

Visionary Vandal
Alright, nerd. I'll try not to worry too much. Library, huh? Make sure it's just calculus and not some secret superhero mission

Drama Queen
Whatever loser. I've got other classes to study for too.

You weren't meant to bring up the superhero thing! I hope you aren't telling people about my secret powers

Visionary Vandal
Ok nerd. Let me know if you find the aliens you descended from studying calc too

Drama Queen
Asshole

Visionary Vandal
Love you too bitch

。°✩。⋆☾☼

In the privacy of Regina's car, as we drive to her house, the air buzzes with excitement and nervous energy. Regina glances at me, her fingers tapping rhythmically on the steering wheel. I try to break the silence. "So, about setting up those rules..."

Regina chuckles, her eyes never leaving the road. "Yeah, we should talk about that. No public displays of affection, especially at school. I can't risk Gretchen and Karen catching wind of this." I nod in agreement. The secretive nature of our connection becomes clearer, and I can't help but wonder how long we can keep it under wraps.

As Regina pulls into her driveway, the reality of the situation hits me. We're entering uncharted territory, a secret romance hidden from the watchful eyes of those around us. Regina turns off the engine, and we sit in the dimly lit car for a moment, the weight of unspoken words hanging in the air.

"Okay, let's go inside. And, Y/n, no matter what happens, let's promise to be honest with each other. It's the only way we'll make this work." I agree, realizing that the journey ahead will be filled with challenges and uncertainties.

Regina and I step into her house, the familiar surroundings taking on a different vibe with the weight of our secret romance. The soft hum of Regina's elegant home contrasts with the whirlwind of emotions within us. Regina leads the way to her living room, and we settle onto the plush couch, the air charged with a mix of anticipation and uncertainty.

"Okay, rules," Regina says, her expression serious yet laced with a hint of playfulness. "No public displays of affection at school or outside unless we're here or somewhere we know we won't be seen. We can't risk getting caught by anyone from North Shore. That's a non-negotiable." I nod in agreement, realizing the importance of keeping our connection hidden not just within the school walls but also beyond its boundaries.

"Agreed," I respond, "but what about Janis? I know there's a history between you guys and she'll hate me if she finds out about us but we can't keep this from her forever." Regina nods in agreement. "You're right. We tell Janis when we're both comfortable with it. Until then, we take it slow. And no secrets between us. If something's bothering you, tell me."

I appreciate Regina's straightforward approach, knowing that communication will be the linchpin of our clandestine relationship. "Got it. Honest and open. Anything else?" Regina smirks again, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Oh, and let's take our relationship slow. No rushing things. We'll figure it out as we go."

As we settle into the new rules, Regina's house becomes our sanctuary, where our hidden connection can thrive away from the prying eyes of high school drama. The story unfolds, weaving through the intricacies of secrecy, teenage emotions, and the unexpected turns that come with navigating a hidden romance at a deliberate and cautious pace. Yet, looming over us is the mystery of Cady and Regina's unease about her, adding a layer of suspense and caution to our secret affair.

Regina leans in, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "And one more thing. Cady cannot find out about us. I can sense something off about her, I don't like her." I furrow my brows, Regina's revelation adding a new layer of complexity to the situation especially since Regina invited Cady into the Plastics.

"I've noticed she acts differently since it's just us in calculus. She kinda makes me uncomfortable." I state. The shadows of suspicion deepen as we navigate the delicate dance of secrecy, our teenage hearts entangled in a web of emotions, secrecy, and the unpredictable twists of high school life.

"Give me your phone," Regina states, holding her hand out. I furrow my eyebrows, "why?" I open my phone and hand it to the blonde and she smiles. "I think it's time we have each other's numbers, don't you?"

I blush and Regina hands me her phone, "I guess we should, yeah." I start typing my number into her phone when I realise, "Wait. What if someone sees one of our phones? What are our contacts gonna be?" The blonde smirks, "Get creative. I'm sure you'll think of something."

We hand our phones back to each other and Regina smirks, "Nick Miller?" I blush, "yeah. I figured a random guy's name is probably the least suspicious if someone were to see and Nick Miller was all I could think of. It's the name of a guy from this show." She giggles lightly, "New Girl. I get it." I look at her slightly shocked and confused. "You've seen New Girl? You, Regina George, have watched New Girl. The queen bee of North-"

Regina pushes me back on the bed lightly, "Okay, I get it. I don't seem like the type of person to watch New Girl but of course I've seen New Girl just because I'm the queen or whatever, doesn't mean I don't do normal people things too." I laugh up at the blonde who is still sitting up on the bed, "You see, the way you said 'normal people things' really contradicts what you're saying."

The blonde giggles again, "As I live and breathe. Raisin?! Is that proof enough 'cause I can do more if you want more?" I laugh, "No no no. That's okay, I believe you." I look down at what Regina has made her contact. "Jane? What's that, your middle name or something?"

Regina looks me dead in the eye, "No, it's just a random name I came up with." My eyebrows furrow, "Oh. Okay, then I guess that makes sense." She laughs at my confusion, "I'm totally kidding. Yes, my name is Regina Jane George. I figured you're open with your sexuality with your sister so she wouldn't question you texting a girl and what better name than my middle name? I mean how many girls do you know called Jane anyway? Jane could be from anywhere."

"Makes sense. What doesn't make sense is your middle name." The blonde crawls on top of me to come face to face and smirks, "It doesn't?" "Nah. Regina Marie has a better flow to it." The girl leans closer to me, "Is that right? Regina Marie George. Makes me sound like an elderly woman." I chuckle slightly, "Well, just Regina is hot. Why don't we stick with that?"

Regina smiles, "I can work with that." Then she leans in kissing me. When we pull apart Regina lays back and pulls me to rest my head on her chest scratching her acrylics on my scalp. "I could get used to this." She whispers.

。°✩。⋆☾☼

Word count: 1436