Cady, Calc, and Complications

[Cady pov]

My first day at North Shore was interesting and apart from Janis and Damian taking me under their wings, I think the best part of the day was getting to AP Calc because math is real and I get it. The rest of the week was interesting, on Wednesday, Janis told me that her sister got suspended for the rest of the week and it was her fault so now she isn't allowed to leave her house or hang out with Damian outside of school for the rest of the week.

Then, at lunch, Gretchen filled me in with all the rules the Plastics have and Regina invited me to her house because she wanted to give me some new shoes. At Regina's house, her mom pulled out this old book the girls used to write in and there was a page with Janis and Damian on it that said Janis is a "Pyro-Lez." I accidentally let it slip that Damian is 'almost too gay to function' like Janis said but I think that's only okay when she says it, they ended up writing it in the book but no one was going to see it anyway.

I noticed that it looked like every girl and some guys in our year were in it apart from Janis's sister and I thought it was a little weird but never said anything. After this, they told me that Regina and Janis used to be friends but Janis was obsessed with her, then in sixth grade when Regina got her first boyfriend, Janis got jealous and set Regina's backpack on fire.

After that, Regina sent Gretchen into her closet to get the shoes they wanted to give me. I followed Gretchen in and while she was looking for the shoes, she found the music box her Abuelito gave her and she gave it to Regina. I didn't want to take too much note of what was inside but I noticed the picture of Regina next to the mirror, a rainbow pin and what looked like the back of a photo that had a pink love heart drawn on it.

The rest of the week not much else happened. The Monday of the next week again was quite boring. Karen and Gretchen spent lunch arguing about lipgloss colours and Regina kept trying to shut them up and rolling her eyes when they'd start back up again. Calculus is when my day started to pick up, it started pretty normal, I was immediately able to answer the questions Ms. Norbury had put up and that's when I finally got to talk to Janis's sister y/n for real, "Wow! Are you trying to make the rest of us feel dumb?"

I was so taken by how gorgeous she is that I didn't know how to respond and what I came up with was pretty stupid, "No! I- I'm not trying to, it's just happening." This made her chuckle, "Oh! Okay, it's like that, alright. Well, challenge accepted." She smiled and then turned around to listen to Ms. Norbury talk about limits and their properties The rest of the class, I thanked the math gods for bringing me this cute girl.

She's like someone from TV and her eyes are so shiny I could swim in them. She's taller than me and her hair is perfect. She has great fashion sense and an amazing smile. I hardly even know her but I think I'm down bad, stupid with love.

。°✩。⋆☾☼

[Reader pov]

On my second day back I decided to wear my new and improved comic jeans. After the food court fiasco and the jacket graffiti mishap, I embraced my sister's annoying quirk and asked her to paint different comic-style bubbles all over my jeans. It was meant to be a form of punishment for her since she enjoys art less when I make her do it for me but I think she still enjoyed herself a little too much.

Walking into homeroom, I took my seat and a few moments later, Regina walked in and headed to her seat behind mine. On her way past, she looked over at my jeans from her phone and when she sat down she leaned forward in her seat. "I see you finished off those jeans. If you keep wearing clothes like that, you're really gonna get noticed around here."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the attention I had received from Regina because I did enjoy it but it's not like I could tell anyone. If Janis found out Regina was being nice to me and it made me feel some type of way, I think she'd kill us both and throw our remains in a river but with Damian's help, they'd take us to different rivers so that even in death, I couldn't be tempted by Regina George.