Spectacles, Support, and Sweetness

I carefully approach the metallic orange Jeep in the school parking lot making sure no one else was around and could see me. When I get in, I see Regina with her hair wrapped in a towel sitting atop her head and she's wearing glasses?

"Don't laugh. Please don't laugh at me." She states harshly. I just smile at her, "Why would I laugh babe?" She scoffs, "Oh please! Look at me! I've got these stupid glasses on, why wouldn't you laugh at me? Someone fucking embarrassed me out there and the sprinkler knocked my contacts out. I couldn't see shit on that stage but I know everyone was filming and taking pictures of me!"

"You know, I took a few pictures of you." The blonde groans, "Ugh, no. Not you too! I can't look at that." I chuckle, "Don't be silly Reggie. I took photos of you before the sprinkler went off. Don't worry."

"It's just so humiliating, Y/n. I was supposed to be the Homecoming Queen, not some soggy mess on stage." Her voice wavers with a mix of anger and embarrassment. I reach out and gently take her hand, offering her a reassuring squeeze. "Hey, it's okay. You still looked beautiful up there, even with the unexpected shower." I say, trying to lighten the mood.

Regina shoots me a sceptical look over the rim of her glasses. "You're not just saying that to make me feel better, are you?" I shake my head earnestly. "No, I mean it. You handled the situation with grace, and that's what truly matters."

She exhales slowly, a hint of relief softening her features. "Thanks, Y/n. I guess I just needed a moment to vent." I give her hand another reassuring squeeze. "Anytime, babe. You can always vent to me."

We sit in silence for a moment before she breaks it. "So my dad came over this morning?" "Uh yeah, he did. Janis answered the door and she didn't want to let him in but he practically begged her to let him apologise to me."

The blonde laughed, "My father begged Janis?" I hummed, "Yeah well, I was there quick enough to stop my sister from trying to slam the door in his face for a second time. Anyway, he apologised and I told him that I appreciated the apology but his actions weren't just hurtful to me but also you."

"He said that he's going to apologise to you and he wants to formally invite me back into your home. He also said that he understands if it takes time for me to be comfortable in your home but he hopes I can find it in myself to return."

Regina laughs taking my hands into hers, her beautiful blue eyes meeting mine. "And can you? Find it in yourself to return?" I smile, "of course, Reggie. I told him I had to discuss it with you first. I want to make sure that you're comfortable too. He also told me that you want me to be paid double for our tutoring sessions. Am I that good a kisser?"

The blonde blushes deeply and scoffs, "He told you that I want you to be paid double? I thought he might've taken the credit for that," she says sheepishly. I giggle, "It's alright Regina, it was really nice of you to stand up to him for me like that. I heard some of what you said when I was leaving."

"Really? You heard me?" Smiling, I tilt her head to look into my eyes. "It's hard not to hear when you're yelling and you left the window open Reg." She tries to avoid eye contact but I don't let her. "May I ask what you heard?"

"I think you know what I heard babe." She blushes, "Oh, you heard that. Well, I... I want you to know I mean what I said but I understand if you can't say it back." I smile, "I love you Regina George, you idiot." The blonde laughs and smiles.

Regina's smile widens, a warmth spreading across her features. "I love you too, Y/n Imi'ike," she says softly, her voice laced with sincerity. In that moment, everything feels right, despite the chaos of the day.

I lean in, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips, feeling the softness of her smile against mine. The worries and uncertainties of the day fade away, replaced by the simple joy of being together.