Rain, Remorse, and Reconciliation

[Janis pov]

I'm starting to worry about Y/n. She was at Regina's for their tutoring session and it's getting late. Usually, she'd text me to say if she's going to be home later or miss dinner or something but I haven't heard from her. I keep wondering if I should text or call but I don't want to be the overbearing sister and ruin her time with her girlfriend, I hate Regina but I want to try to be supportive of my sister.

It gets to 8:30 and I decide I'm gonna call Y/n. That's when the front door slams open and I look from the couch to see her, my poor sister completely soaked and tears streaming down her red face. I jump from the couch and pull her into my arms.

"What did she do?" I ask firmly. She shakes her head, "It wasn't-" I cut her off, "No Y/n. I need to know what that bitch did to you for you to walk home in the rain and be crying like this." She shakes her head again looking into my eyes. "Janis, it wasn't Regina!" She states still crying.

"She'd never do anything to me. It was her father, it was Mr George who did this." I look at my sister confused. "What?" "He um. He doesn't approve. He called me a name and told me to leave and never come back. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid with Regina."

I nod slightly and start guiding her to the stairs. "Here, why don't you go and change into something more comfortable and dry? I'll get heat something for you to eat and I'll meet you upstairs, okay?" "Okay, thank you, Janis."

。°✩。⋆☾☼

Y/n has eaten and her crying has calmed, now we're sitting quietly on my bed while I allow her to gather her thoughts. "Okay, I think I'm ready," my sister says hesitantly. I grab her hand comfortingly and nod, "I'm here to listen. You let it all out."

"Okay, so, when I do my tutoring sessions with Regina, when we're done, we're in her room and we make out for a bit." I grimace slightly. "Sorry." I shake my head, "No, no. Continue, sorry." She chuckles lightly, "Anyway, today she decided she wanted to show me her dress for Homecoming. I really think she's gonna win queen and anyway, she was showing me the dress she'll wear to accept the award and then later tomorrow night for the dance."

"After that, she changed into a hoodie and some sweatpants and she came back and we made out for a while until her father came in. He knocked but didn't even wait to be let in, just walked in." I look shocked at the statement, surely you'd have boundaries in your house.

"I don't know if you're aware, but Mr George is extremely homophobic. He used to tell Regina how it's gross and wrong and I feel so sorry for her, what must've been going on in her head all these years." Y/n shakes her head in anger. "He came in and he was so angry right away. He was like, 'I trust this girl to come into my home and help my daughter and I pay her. This is how she repays me?' I was so scared Janis, I can't even imagine how scared Regina must've been."

"Regina tried to stop him from saying anything else but he was so angry and scary, and he just yelled, 'I want her out of my house. I want her out of here!' Mrs George tried to calm him down and stop him from yelling at us but he just yelled at her too, to shut up and he can't have 'this' in his home. Whatever that's supposed to mean."

I squeeze Y/n's hand. "Mrs George yelled back, she wanted him to apologise to me but I told her it was fine and I should just go. Regina tried to stop me but I couldn't stay. I was too scared of what he'd do if I stayed. What he'd do to Regina if I stayed, so I left. As I left Regina's bedroom, he yelled at me one last time. He yelled-"

My sister takes a deep sigh, squeezing her eyes shut and squeezing my hand. "He yelled, 'Get outta here dyke!'" She shakes her head harshly. "No one's ever called me that before Janis. I've only heard it in movies or whatever but never in real life. Mrs George apologised and I left. It wasn't raining when I left but that's whatever."