Chapter 2

"You useless piece of crap! I told you to do the dishes, but instead you did your stupid piece of homework! My needs are more important than yours! Do you understand me!?" He yelled, pulling my hair. I nodded, sobbing.

My face was covered in bruises and scars from the hits. He used my hair and forcefully dragged me across the hallway. H

"Get out of my house!" He ordered, leaving me in front of the door, crying. My scalp hurt alot from the pull. There was blood tricking down the side of my face.

I obeyed him, not wanting him to hurt me more. But as soon as I opened the door, I ran smack into none other than Jack.

It was just a moment of shock.

I was standing in the doorway, a mess and he was standing right in front of me with a shocked and concern expression on his face, with his helmet in his hands. He didn't know how to react.

But I did.

Without thinking, I just hugged him and cried. He was taken aback. I soon pushed away from the hug, scared that my father would see us.

"Who did this to you?" He asked, a hint of anger in his voice.

I hesitated.

My father. But please, I just want to go somewhere else. Away from here. I don't care where.

He calmed down when he read my sign. He grabbed my hand as we both ran out of there.

We hopped onto his motorcycle, and I swore, as soon as I sat down, I heard it groan. Maybe I was just imagining things. He sped off into the familiar direction of the hospital.

We reached the hospital and Jack called his mom, who was waiting for us at the lobby. She ran over to me and was shocked when she saw my face. By then, blood from my bruise on my forehead was dripping down both sides of my face.

She quickly brought me into one of the rooms and proceeded to clean up my wound.

"How did this happen Erin?" She asked, biting her lip. I took out the small notebook I always kept in my pocket and wrote down something.

I was reaching for a plate at home, but didn't use any chair to get it, so it dropped on my head. I was about to leave the house to come here, and bumped into Jack, who gave me a ride here.

Ms Darby seemed to buy that story. She nodded once and said she'll be back soon and left the room. I heard Jack's footsteps near me and he sat down, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Why'd you lie? How long has your father been treating you like this?"

I looked at him with sad eyes.

Ever since my mom died. I don't know what got into him, but he's been abusing me like this for weeks. He made me swore to not tell anyone. Evan doesn't even know because he went somewhere else for college. I'm begging you, please don't tell anyone. Not even your mom. I don't want him finding out. I don't want to get hurt even more. And I know you don't either.

Jack exhaled.

"Erin, you know a situation like this can't just be let-off just like that. And you really should've told me earlier," he says. I look down.

Please? I promise the first thing it goes too far, I'll tell you. I promise.

He sighed.

"Fine"

I woke up on the cold hard tiles of the living room floor. It was bright outside, and when I checked the time, I was shocked to find it to be 7.50am! School was starting in 10 minutes!