Chapter 25

I slowly opened my eyes, groggily taking in my surroundings. The cold, metallic room seemed to spin around me, and I struggled to focus. I was back in the laboratory, lying on the slanted table where Knockout and Megatron had performed their twisted experiments on me. The memories of the pain and torture came flooding back, and I felt a surge of fear and adrenaline.

But as I looked around, I realized that I was alone. Knockout and Megatron were nowhere to be seen, but the restraints still held my wrists and ankles in place. I tried to move, but my body felt heavy and weak, as if the life had been drained out of me. I struggled to free myself, but the restraints were too strong. I no longer felt pain on my shoulder, and when I looked at it, I was surprised to see it was completely healed! I silently thanked Alpha Trion.

Just as I was starting to lose hope, my necklace began to glow. The Energon Resonance Key, given to me by Alpha Trion, pulsed with energy. I felt a surge of power flow through me, and suddenly, two Energon lasers shot out of the necklace, destroying the restraints and freeing me from the table.

I sat up, rubbing my sore wrists and ankles, and looked around the room. It was empty, but I could hear the sound of footsteps coming from the hallway. Knockout burst into the room, his weapon drawn. "How are you even alive? Don't you dare escape!" he snarled, firing at me.

But a shimmering shield emanated from the necklace, protecting me from the blast. I stumbled backward, shocked and grateful for the unexpected protection. Without hesitation, I turned and ran, dashing back to the cell where Jack was held captive. I could hear Knockout's angry shouts and footsteps behind me, but I didn't look back.

I ran towards the cell and Jack was sitting inside there, looking hopeless. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Erin? How are you..." He ran to the bars.

I was going to get him out of there. I used my hands to tell him to move back, and he did.

I focused my energy into my necklace and the necklace shot the gate open.

"Woah! How did you..?" I didn't let him finished his sentence. I grabbed him by his hand and we ran out of there.

Together, we sprinted down the corridors, trying to find an escape route.

The warship was vast and labyrinthine, but we kept moving, determined to escape.

I turned behind and saw a few Deception troopers after us.

They were hot on our heels, but the necklace continued to protect us, deflecting their blasts and shielding us from harm.

"Decepticons! Two of our prisoners have escaped! Stay on high alert and bring those human pets to me once caught!"

I bit my lip as we continued running.

"We need to move faster!" Jack shouted. We ran in any random direction, hoping we could make it to the flight deck. Or the exit, depending if we were in the sky, or on the ground.

We encountered a few Decepticons at times, but my necklace managed to shoot them and protect Jack and I.

This place was a maze.

Once we saw the coast was clear, Jack and I slowed down and started walking as we were both out of breath and tired.

"So, what was that all about?" Jack asked. "That was honestly really cool! The shield, the blasting, wow. I never knew your key could do that as well!"

Me neither.

My trembling hands grabbed the notepad and pencil from my pocket to try to write down everything that had happened to me, but when I did, I felt something else.