Chapter 28

Megatron let out a menacing, evil laughter, his cold, calculating eyes fixed on us. His one arm, a reminder of Optimus's attack earlier that day, still hung at his side, but it was far from useless - a deadly blaster was attached to it.

The air was thick with tension as Jack stood bravely in front of us, ready to take the first hit, whatever Megatron had planned.

"Finally, at long last," Megatron sneered, his voice dripping with malevolence. "The extinction of a wretched species. You have no idea how much I've waited to personally exterminate you four. Optimus will be broken more than you know." The blaster on his arm began to glow with an ominous energy.

Raf and Miko let out a terrified scream, but I didn't hesitate. I stepped forward, putting myself between Megatron and my friends.
My hand instinctively went to the necklace around my neck, and I focused my energy to create a shield. I raised my arms, and a protective barrier materialized, deflecting the blast that Megatron had unleashed.
But I knew I couldn't hold it for long.

With my other arm, I fired a blast at Megatron, hoping to stall him and give the others time to escape. The blast wasn't powerful enough to cause significant damage, but it would keep him at bay for a moment.

I turned to my friends, my eyes locking onto theirs. I made a urgent motion with my hand, telling them to follow me. We sprinted towards the entrance of the small area, and I used my hands to shoo them away.

Go, get out of here, now! I signed.

But Miko hesitated, tears streaming down her face. "Erin, no! We're not leaving you!" she cried.

I knew I had to distract Megatron, or he would follow them and harm them. I signed frantically, trying to convey the urgency of the situation. I shook my head, my intentions pretty clear.

Jack's face was etched with worry, but he knew I was right. "Don't be an idiot, Erin. You won't stand a chance against him!" he said, his voice firm but laced with fear.
I knew that. We all knew that. But I had to try. I put my palm up, stopping Jack from saying anything else.

"No, please. I can't lose you too," he said, his eyes welling up with tears.

I signed again, trying to reassure him. Me neither.

Jack's face contorted in a mix of guilt and worry, but he nodded. He embraced me in a warm hug, and I hugged him back, trying to convey all my emotions in that one moment. We pulled apart, and I pushed the four of them away, towards safety.

As they disappeared into the distance, I turned to face Megatron, my heart pounding in my chest. He was getting up, his eyes fixed on me with a malevolent glare. "You think you can defeat me!? You are nothing but a weak and pathetic human! You always have been, and always will be!" he taunted, trying to break my spirit.

But I stood my ground, my determination and courage fueled by the love and friendship I had for my friends. I would not let him win, no matter what.

I stood firm, my eyes locked onto Megatron's, my necklace glowing with an intense light.

I raised my hands, and a blast of Energon shot out, hitting Megatron right in the chest. He stumbled back, his systems malfunctioning for a moment.

Megatron snarled, his eyes flashing with anger. He charged forward, his massive fist swinging towards me. But I was quick, dodging out of the way just in time. I raised my hands again, and another blast of Energon hit Megatron, sending him stumbling back.

I took advantage of the momentary distraction. A shield of energy erupted around me, protecting me from Megatron's next attack.

Megatron's fist hit the shield with a loud clang, but it held strong. I took a step forward, my eyes blazing with determination.