Chapter 14

A/N: this chapter is taken from the episode 'Tunnel Vision', along with a few modifications.

~

"Wait, lemme get this straight. Your Mom worked with the autobots? And you didn't tell us about it?" Miko asked.

I didn't know. She never told me.

I've been teaching Miko a bit of sign language for the past few weeks, and I must say, she's a quick learner. I also started signing to the bots, once Jack told me that they can understand any language, including sign language, but occasionally forgetting.

"Ratchet, I have decoded the next set of Iacon Coordinates," Optimus informed. I noticed that the location was pointed at Manhattan.

"But it's pointing at Manhattan..." Jack pointed out.

"Does that mean that the Iacon relic is in a densely populated area?" Arcee questioned.

"That means someone is bound to notice the big decepticon warship," Bulkhead said.

"If we are to have any hope of recovering the Iacon relics before the Decepticons do, we must divide our resources," Optimus said seriously.

"But, Optimus, when it comes to numbers, we are already at a grave disadvantage," Ratchet pointed out.

"Under the circumstances, swiftness of action is paramount. This is one race that we absolutely cannot afford to lose," Optimus replied.

The four of us looked at each other. We then heard the sound of an elevator ding, and we looked to see a man dressed in a grey suit with a tie walk in.

"Prime! We just got reports from civilians, in Manhattan, stating that they see a giant spiky vessel in the sky. Care to explain what the cons are doing over there-" he paused when he noticed me.

"Who's that?" He asked, pointing at me.

"Erin Storm. She keeps one of the Iacon Relics and was being hunted by the decepticons, kidnapped by MECH, got gravely injured and is back here," Arcee explained for me.

"She also can't speak," Miko explained.

"Oh, General Bryce isn't gonna be happy that you've made more contact with civilians. Wait. Did you say Storm? Is Rebecca Storm your mother?" He asked me.

My chest tightened. Was.

He raised an eyebrow.

"That's strange," Ratchet murmured, directing the man's attention back to him. I was glad the conversation between the both of us stopped there. I wasn't sure if I could re-explain my trauma to him without having a breakdown.

"What is it?" The man asked.

"It would appear that the Decepticons have retreated from Manhattan," Ratchet said.

"They just up and left? Without busting up a city block to get to it? " Arcee wondered.

"They used subway tunnels," we turned to look at Jack. I noticed his point.

New York has a whole network of them running beneath the city.

"Since the human population no longer seems to be directly threatened, maintaining our disguise will be necessary. Arcee, Bumblebee, you are the best choices to navigate through such a densely populated area," Optimus looked at the two autobots.

Bumblebee cheered excitedly.

"Optimus, New York has more than 8 million people," Jack explained.

The chances of being spotted by at least one of them are pretty high, I even if they are heading underground, I continued.