Chapter 6

*Erin POV*

"She's alive. Barely. The blood she has lost is getting to her. If she isn't treated soon, her bullet wound could infect her blood stream and could kill her. Do we let it?"

"No. We need her for the experiment. I want to see her reaction. After that, we can let her die from the infection, or from the experiment. Whichever comes first."

A light shined in my eyes, and I opened them, to see myself surrounded by 2 men in tight black suits. Their body-build made them look like the military, but from what I heard, probably not.

One of them had a black colour mask on with eye goggles, and had a large gun next to him.

The other man was maskless. His face was almost rectangular in shape and had battle scars across his nose and eyebrow. He had a very serious expression on.

I tried to move my arms, but I couldn't. It realized I was sitting on a wooden chair, with my arms and legs tied up. We were in a large white room.

How will I communicate with them? My hands were tied so I couldn't use sign language.

My leg was in so much pain. I felt the dried blood from my bullet wound across my skin, cold and hard.

I've read somewhere that if a bullet struck one of the major blood vessels, I could bleed to death, unless I could possibly stanch the bleeding, then I'd have at most a few hours to live without medical treatment.

I started to cry from the pain from my wound.

The pain was unimaginable

Unbearable.

I couldn't even breathe properly or think straight.

"Listen here girl, if you cooperate well with us, we will treat your leg with the proper course of treatment, and guarantee your survival. If you don't, well then, we will let you perish and not even flinch. Is that understood?" He inched closer to me.

I just nodded my head. Anything to get away from this mess.

"Good. I am Silas, but of greater consequence to you, we are M.E.C.H, and I am their leader. Now, we know your recent involvement with the so-called living technology, or in other terms, the transformers. Do not question how I know, I have my own ways. There are two things I want from you. You see, I made a deal with one of the decepticons, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. She wants to know the location of their base of operations. And from what I've heard, you are keeping a very ancient and powerful relic. She wants both information and the relic, and in return, she gave me a vial of some special liquid she calls Energon, which is apparently the fuel, life blood and ammunition of all 'Cybertronians'. If you do not surrender the information and the relic, we have no choice but to keep you as an experiment. I want to see if this 'Energon' can be a medicinal or alternative source of survival, and you'll be the first person to test it out. Like I said earlier, if you cooperate with us, we will reconsider experimenting on you and give you medical treatment. But that doesn't mean we'll let you go. Keeping you alive is already too nice, and I don't do nice. If the infection gets to you and you die, it won't be much of a problem. We can always take another random person off the streets. But, you are the only one that spider-bot wants. So, for your priority and mine, give us the information we need," the man explained.

God, how was I gonna explain I couldn't speak?

I tried mouthing the words, saying I couldn't speak. Fortunately, this Silas guy was smarter than I thought, and understood what I was trying to say.

"So you're mute, huh? Ace, untie her hands so she can communicate with us using sign language," he instructed. The other man came over and untied my hands.

Ah it felt good to have freedom of my hands.

I wasn't even gonna argue with this man, because he terrified me. But just because I won't deny him, doesn't mean I won't confirm it either.

"Well? Spit it out already. M.E.C.H has better things to do than interrogate you," the guy named Ace spat out.

Sorry, I'm just new to this whole thing. I mean, I just found out about the autobots today, or yesterday, depending on what time it is. I don't even know the location of their base. Is it somewhere in New York? Britain? Singapore? I don't know.

"You are brave, despite being weak and slowly dying. However, I have no time for these games. Fine. Hand over at least one thing. The location of their base, or the relic. I know you have it," Silas sneered.

I simply shrugged. Of course, I did know where the base was located, but I would never rat out my friends. And the aliens. Yes, I may have just met them in a matter of hours ago, but they seem good and genuine when they say they don't want to harm humanity. Well, at least Optimus does. Don't know about Ratchet though.

But my friends also visit them and stay there most of the time. I don't want them to get hurt. Or worse, killed. They have families who care for them and love them. Except me.

I had no purpose or reason to live right now. I have a father who hates me and abuses me. I have a brother who barely talks to me anymore. And I had a mother who loved me.

No one else.

My parents were an only child and orphans. That's how they met and fell in love. In the orphanage.

Well, if I really did have it, I won't tell you. Do I have it? Do I not have it? Do I even know it? You'll never find out.

I saw his fists clench.

"Fine, then. We will leave you alone. We will let you die. And we won't come back unless you tell us you're ready to live," he smirked. He then turned around and left.

He. Did. Not. Just...

I tried to calm myself down and think of the good side to this.

Hmm, let's see. I was in an empty white room, tied to a chair with a powerful relic around my neck, a bullet wound that is killing me (literally) and no way out.

Oh wait. My arms. They were untied.

I chuckled.

Big brain didn't see this one coming.

I bent down to try to untie the rope from my legs, but unfortunately, it was easier said than done. The knot was really tight and really tied together well.

After five minutes of unsuccessful tries, the knot won't even loosen. My fingers were blistering. Eventually I stopped and started to breathe heavily.

What am I doing? I know I'm going to be unsuccessful anyways. So why do I keep trying?

Why do I keep forcing myself to try?

Why do I have that expectation on myself? That I can do it.

No matter the outcome, I was going to get killed. And I've known that since the beginning.

And yet, I still continued to force myself to breathe. To walk. To move. To live.

Everytime my father pushed me down.

Everytime my blood stained his fingers.

I kept finding myself waking up the next day.

But I shouldn't be surprised my father is like this. Life, love, relationships only go so far. But I wish they didn't. I wished they could stretch on forever.

But no.

Maybe I should've tried harder.

Because in the end, what am I doing? Going along with this mess?

But yet, it is my life. I can't just... Take advantage of it and allow myself to just die whenever I feel like it.

No.

I.. I don't know.

I don't know what to do anymore.

I covered my face with my hands and started to sob.