Chapter 21

Jack's POV

I watched in horror as Starscream struck Erin with the Energon prod, her body crumpling limp and lifeless. I felt a surge of rage and helplessness, but I knew I had to keep my wits about me if I was going to get us out of this alive.

"Take them to the holding cell," Megatron ordered, his voice dripping with malice. "We'll deal with them later."

Knockout and Starscream dragged Erin's unconscious form away, while two other Decepticons grabbed me and hauled me off in a different direction. I struggled and kicked, but they were too strong.

As we moved through the warship's corridors, I caught glimpses of Decepticon troops and strange, ominous-looking equipment. I had no idea where we were headed or what they planned to do with us.

Eventually, we arrived at a cramped, dimly lit cell deep in the ship's bowels. The Decepticons tossed me inside and locked the door behind me.

I rushed to Erin's side, shaking her gently.

"Erin, wake up! Please, wake up!"

She didn't move. I checked her pulse, and was relieved when it was steady, but weak.

The wound on her shoulder was big and blood was still dripping down her shoulder. I tried my best to tear a piece of my sleeve and wrap it around her shoulder to stop the bleeding.

She still remained unconscious.

I stared at her face. She didn't deserve any of this punishment.

I've wanted to tell her about the Autobots since the day I first met Arcee, but I didn't because if she wasn't involved in this, she would be safe from harm.

But that did cause me to spend less time with her, and I regretted that the moment I almost lost her when she went into the coma.

She was my best friend since 7, since that incident with David and we've been close ever since.

Never would I had thought about where we were now in the past.

We were trapped, at the mercy of the Decepticons, with no clear way to escape or contact the Autobots.

Our only hope was to wait and observe, hoping to find a weakness or opportunity to strike back.

But as we sat there in the darkness, I couldn't shake the feeling that our time was running out...

Autobots POV

"Arcee, any sign of them?" Optimus Prime asked, his voice firm and urgent.

"Negative, Prime," Arcee replied, her sensors scanning the area. "I've scoured the entire cave system, but there's no trace of Jack, Erin, or the Decepticons."
Ratchet frowned, his medical tools at the ready.

"We have to find them soon. If the Decepticons are involved, it's only a matter of time before they harm them."

"I agree," Bulkhead said, his massive fists clenched. "We need to split up and search a wider area. We can't let the Decepticons get away with this."

Optimus Prime nodded. "Agreed. Arcee, take point and lead the search. Ratchet, you're with me. We'll search the surrounding areas. Bulkhead, Smokescreen, and Bumblebee, fan out and search the perimeter. Meet back here in one hour and report your findings."

The Autobots dispersed, their search parties scouring the landscape for any sign of their human friends and the Decepticons. Optimus Prime and Ratchet searched the nearby hills, their advanced sensors scanning for any hint of Energon or Decepticon activity.

As they searched, Optimus Prime's mind raced with worst-case scenarios. He knew the Decepticons would stop at nothing to achieve their goals, and the thought of Jack and Erin in their clutches was unbearable.
After what felt like an eternity, the search parties reconvened, their faces grim.

"Anything?" Optimus Prime asked, his voice tight with tension.

Arcee shook her head. "Nothing, Prime. It's as if they vanished into thin air."
Ratchet's expression turned even more somber.

"We need to keep searching. We can't give up on them now."

Optimus Prime nodded resolutely. "We won't. We'll find them, no matter what it takes."

"Prime! Where in the Sam Hill are you bots?" The thunderous boom of Agent Fowler's voice shouted through Optimus's comm link.

"I am at your base, and no one is around! Do you bots need a groundbridge?"

The Prime hesitated. He didn't want to stop searching, but he also knew that they will require human assistance.

"Proceed, Agent Fowler. But we will also require assistance in searching for our human allies," Optimus sighed.

"Elaborate," Agent Fowler demanded.

Jack's POV

As I sat in the darkness, I could feel the weight of our situation bearing down on me.

We were trapped, injured, and at the mercy of the Decepticons. I gently stroked Erin's hair, trying to comfort her, even though she was still unconscious.

Suddenly, the cell door creaked open, and Knockout, the Decepticon medic, entered.

"Ah, Jack," he sneered. "I see you're taking good care of your friend. How... touching."

I glared at him, but he just chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm here to help. Megatron wants you both in top condition for... questioning."

"What do you want, Starscream!?" I had to resist the urge to shout at his stupid face. "You wanna know the location of our base? Forget it! There's no way I'm telling it to you!"

"Would you tell us if the state of your friend is at risk?" He smirked.

Rage filled me.

"Go ahead! If you want to kill us, then do it! We'll gladly die for the sake of the Autobots, or our families!" I spat. Starscream only laughed.

"My my, Lord Megatron wasn't wrong when he mentioned that you humans are quite resilient. You really remind me as a human version of Optimus Prime," he laughed. I continued glaring at him.

"But no, we realized that you will never surrender the location of your base, so we have something else in mind. We are going to keep you hostage for ransom! And what better ransom, than the Iacon relics your fellow Autobots keep safely," he explained.

"Ha! As if they will give it to you," I shot back. I knew that was a lie. I knew Optimus would do anything to make sure we are safe, and there wasn't anything we could do about it. But I just needed to keep Starscream's hopes as low as I can.

"We both know that they will surrender them, considering how much Optimus cares for your well-being and safety. After they surrender the relics, I will consider letting both of you go unharmed," he grinned and evil grin.

I froze at that. I wanted to get Erin out of here safely. I don't want her to get hurt more than she already has.

Should I just let the Autobots surrender the relics?

No. It could be their only chance of winning the war. And once they win, humankind will be safe.

My mom will be safe.

Raf and Miko too.

And Erin.