Chapter 12

"You're awake..." I heard Evan sob as we continued hugging. I missed him so damn much.

I started shaking, and as if all the pressure dropped on me, a sob escaped my lips. He chuckled through his years.

"I know, I know. I missed you too..." he laughed.

Our hug separated, even though I wish it hadn't. I hadn't seen him for a long time that I didn't want to let go.

"I can't believe I almost lost you. If I did, I'd have never forgiven myself," he said sadly.

Where have you been? You stopped texting me, I was scared something happened to you. Why didn't you text me or talk to me all this time? I signed.

"I'm so sorry Erin. After I moved away to college, I fell into depression for a few weeks and didn't even go to school. I was stressed out with my job and my studies, that I eventually lost contact with you," he explained to me sadly.

Gosh.

I never knew he went through so much.

"Wait, who is he?" I hear Miko obnoxious ask.

Oh right. I forgot they were still there.

She handed me the notebook and I wrote.

He is my brother. I haven't seen him for 4 months.

"Ohhh, alright. Makes sense now," she O-ed. Evan turned around.

His eyes softened when he met with a familiar face.

"Jack!" He smiled. Jack smiled back and they both did a 'bro-hug'.

"Good to see you Evan," he greeted.

"Jack, Rafael, Miko, I'll need to talk to both of them privately for awhile," Ms Darby told the trio.

"Okay!" Miko put a thumbs up, but didn't move from her spot.

"That means we need to leave the room Miko," Jack grabbed her hand and dragged her out the room.

"Aw man," she pouted.

"We'll see you later Erin. Rest and recover well," Raf said and smiled at me. The door shut behind them.

Evan sat down on the chair next to the bed I was sitting on.

"As you both know, Erin's leg was severely damaged and had to be amputated, in which we will provide a prosthetic leg so that she can continue living normally without much struggle. But, when you arrived here, Erin, your vitals indicated signs of malnutrition and dehydration, including multiple bruises and scars," she told us.

My heart stopped.

"Is everything going alright, Erin? From what Jack has told me, you weren't in a depressive state and healthy until your mother died. Please tell me everything is going well at home," she looked at me with pleading eyes.

Evan put a hand on my shoulder. I buried my head in my hands.

"Is it Dad?" He questioned, his voice slowly rising. I looked up at him, the tears glistening in my eyes.

I slowly nodded.

"I knew it. Dad used to do the same thing to Mom everyday. He never really loved her. That's why I brought you out for walks every evening, so you won't be around when he hit her," Evan explained.

So Mom was telling the truth in my vision.

"I can't believe he did the same thing to you. Why didn't you tell anyone? Why didn't you ask for help?" He grabbed my hand and asked softly.

The tears started to spill from my eyes.

I was so scared he'd hurt me more if I did

I signed.

"Oh, Erin. You're just like Mom. She never asked for help until it was too late. I don't want the same thing to happen to you. If you don't ask for help, you will suffer for the rest of your life. Please, let us help you," he comforted me.

I couldn't take it anymore. I started to cry. All those months of pain and trauma finally hit me like a wrecking ball and I finally broke down.

I felt Evan's hand on my back and Ms Darby's hand on my shoulder.

"It's alright, honey. We'll help you get through this," she murmured, her voice a gentle reassurance in the midst of chaos. And for the first time in what felt like forever, I dared to believe her.

As Evan's comforting words sank in, memories flooded back, each one a jagged piece of a puzzle I'd long tried to forget. The room felt heavy with the weight of untold secrets, the air thick with unspoken pain.

I closed my eyes, trying to block out the memories of those dark, suffocating nights when the walls seemed to close in on me, and the echoes of my mother's cries pierced through the silence. I remembered the fear that gripped me every time my father's footsteps echoed down the hallway, the sickening sound of his hand striking flesh, the whispered promises that it would all be over soon.

Evan's presence beside me was a lifeline in the storm, a reminder that there was still goodness in the world, even when darkness threatened to consume everything. His hand on my back was a steady anchor, grounding me in the present, reminding me that I was no longer alone.

Ms. Darby's gentle touch brought me back to reality, her voice a soothing balm against the raw edges of my pain. Her words were a lifeline, offering hope where there had once been only despair.

A/N: I want to apologize to y'all.

I'm so sorry for another short chapter, only 900 words.

And I'm so sorry I haven't included much of Team Prime, the autobots and decepticons yet. I sincerely apologize

I promise I will include them in the next chapter.

And to make it up to you guys, I will make this a long story.

I'm so sorry that you came to this story hoping for a story with mostly the transformers, not my stupidity.

But I really hope you liked this. I really appreciate you.

Thank you.

~Shrav