Chapter 20

A/N: hey guys. Before I start the new chapter, I just wanna give a huge huge huge thanks to all of y'all for 1K reads!!

I have never gotten this many reads before and I am so grateful! This is also the longest book I've ever written so far, and going to be my first completed book, credits to all your motivation and encouragement!

Everytime I check my notifications and see a new reader, it gives me the motivation to continue writing and makes me really happy .

I really really appreciate this guys!!

Don't let me hold you back! Let's dive deeper into the story, shall we?

~

*Autobots POV*

The six autobots stared at the cave which had exploded as the adrenaline still pumped through their veins. They had managed to escape out of the cave just on time before they were caught in the explosion.

Of course, they did try to contact Raf to open a groundbridge while escaping, but he never answered.

"That was a close call," Smokescreen said to no one in particular.

"I know right! That was so cool!" A shrill voice was heard.

The bots looked down and saw Miko and Raf hiding behind a rock.

"Miko? What are you doing here?" Bulkhead asked, bewildered.

"Well, Miko-" Raf was cut off by Ratchet.

"Forget it. I think I already know," Ratchet glared at Miko.

"Miko, Rafael, how did you get here?" Optimus questioned the two young humans.

"Duh. The groundbridge! We were running from the Decepticon and we managed to escape out of the cave before the explosion," Miko huffed while crossing her arms.

"That's why the groundbridge wasn't activating!" Smokescreen realized.

"I had no part in this. I don't even know why I followed three of them," Raf said.

"Wait. Where are Jack and Erin?" Arcee asked. Miko looked down.

"I don't know. Raf and I were just focusing on running and they both disappeared," Miko said shamefully.

"Erin was lagging behind so Jack went to help her," Raf explained.

"Ratchet, could the children have been caught in the explosion?" Optimus looked at the medic with fear in his optics.

"Let's go find out," Ratchet said hurriedly as they all went back into the cave searching for the children.

The Prime was fearful. They had already failed one human, who barely survived. He couldn't risk failing two more.

~

*Erin POV*

There was a high pitched shrill noise in my ears.

"Erin!" I heard a voice. It sounded like a whisper and it was soft.

"Erin!" I heard it again. Is it my mom? Is she here to take me with her?

My eyes slowly fluttered open.

As soon as I did, I felt as if the weight of the world just fell on my back. A sob escaped my lips.

I was in an unfamiliar place, unfortunately didn't seem like heaven.

The only thing, or person for that matter, familiar to me was Jack. He was being suspended in mid air, with two chains holding his wrists to keep him from falling. It didn't take a genius to realize I was in the same position. The cold chains were tied tightly around my wrist, and extended to my arm.